Is This A Normal Hr?

Since I started betablockers on Monday my hr has been 63 with just standing my bp has been 109/70. My hr used to be about 93 when just standing and bp around 118/79. Is my hr getting to low? I've been feeling alittle lightheaded and have increased anxiety when I have these episodes of feeling "unattached".

I'm not going to stop because I want to see if it helps with my migrianes and I can tolerate the sx. I was just wondering if 63 hr sounds alright to you gals.

Dayna

technically speaking, 63 is not a number that a doctor/nurse would worry about. in fact a resting pulse of 60-80 is the textbook "ideal", though of course many without health problems still fall outside of that range.

of course if a new med is making you feel worse, that's another story and you should talk with your doctor. and if your body isn't used to having lower rates it may take time to adjust to feeling more "normal" in that regard? but....if you're asking solely about the number itself, it's entirely okay.

hope this helps,

:) melissa

Thanks sunfish. The med is actually making me feel better than worse that's why I am going to ride out the side effects in hope they taper off. It's been 95 degrees here so I hoping the weather is causing the lightheadness and maybe the anxiety is coming from trying a new med in general. I'll cross my fingers. I always get nervous about new meds.

As long as the numbers are okay I can stop worrying about that.

Thank you

Dayna

I think that if you are having symptoms along with the low heartrate then you should call your doc. When I was taking the Toprol along with the Midodrine my heartrate went to 50bpm and I was getting dizzy, lightheaded, near syncope feeling, etc.

For me my heartrate gets all over the place, but if you are concerned about it talk to your doctor! :)