Cymbalta

You may want to do a search on this medication on the discussion board. I know I have posted in regards to my negative experience with this medication, real bad reaction- but for some I hear it works well. I was originally prescribed this in hopes that it would assist with pain. It has apparently been helpful for some FM pts. There is also a board on the internet if you type in Cymbalta- good and bad experiences. Again, everyone is dift.

I started cymbalta 12 days ago after seeing Dr.Grubb and so far I am tolerating it pretty well. I think it is just a newer generation of SSNRI and is supposed to have fewer side effects. It does make me a little sleepy. I do think it is helping a little with my POTS symptoms. I take florinef also. I was taking midodrine for about a year but decided to give it a rest a few months ago.

Tried Cymbalta recently against my better judgement. One pill got me quite manic - something I hadn't felt since quitting Effexor years ago. Cymbalta is GSK's version of Effexor. I hope not to alarm anyone, but many people (including me) had TERRIBLE withdrawal symptoms for months after quitting these drugs. Maybe others dont, but you can see what some have gone through on this discussion board:

http://www.socialaudit.org.uk/_disc/cgi-bin/discus.pl