Sotalol?/what Are Your Rates?

interesting that you say POTS is a syndrome and not a disease. my EP always refers to it as a "multi-system disease".......actually gibbons at beth israel described it as being the same......i dont know, it is a strange "condition" for sure, whatever the etiology. i think the etiology (cause) is so broad, that perhaps for some it is disease and others a passing syndrome. the ones that walk away with the explanation and specific answer are the lucky ones....

thanks for the luck in my career!

hey do any of your kids have pots? i know you said your son has MVP....does he also have tachycardia?

hey ernie. wow. they let your friend in the lab during your tilt? or was it just a regular doc visit you were at? i cant believe they kept you upright with a heart rate of 250 and unconscious. what was your pressure during that time? did they say why they think you could have an actual conduction abnormality (SVT from a different origin other than sinus node?)....

where are they doing the EP study on you? is dr grubb doing it?

I developed POTS after ablation about 2-3 yrs after. I had a cath. before the ablation I was around 21-22 yrs.old. I definitely had conduction abnormalities. I had no orthastatic problems til a year ago after being on Prednisone.

I don't think they suspected long QT. I always just had SVT with PVC's+PAC"S. They did the cath because I had so much chest discomfort.

I had no problems with my heart until after I took the drub metabolife to lose some weight post childbirth and then all of a sudden my rates were never below 100 sitting standing laying down didn't matter.

I also have other signs of autonomic dysregulation for instance I see floaters, and sometimes have swallowing issues, I have neuropathy in feeet and hands, reduced sweating in lower extremities, and gastroparesis. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't something more than POTS. I have had numerous tests to rule out other things,EMG's,EEG's etc. So who knows.

I am glad that you do not get the OI sometimes it really stinks,but learning to live with it is half the battle.