Taking A Deep Breath

Guest dionna

Guest dionna

do you any of you ever get the feeling that your breathing just isn't refreshing? i guess that is a way to put it. your chest feels like it is- maybe caving in? or something and you have to take deep breathes but still not refreshing and you get lightheaded and just wierd feeling? (yeah i know weird feeling is not a good descriptive pair of words) i don't think it is hyperventilation because it is a slow process and my heart rate is up and i have chest pains/discomfort. and most of the time i am either sitting or laying down. if i feel like that standing- i faint immediately. does this sound familiar at all? any suggestions?

i know i wasn't very descriptive but i just don't know the words to say or how to describe it. i apologize for that.

dionna :angry:

Guest sonotech

I know the feeling you are trying to describe, and it IS hard to describe.

I think I saw it listed on a site under symptoms of POTS and was described as "chest feels like it has glue in it" (or something like that).

It is a horrible feeling. Have you tried laying down when this happens (maybe lay on your side)?

If this is a chronic problem you might want to have your doctor check your O2 in your blood to make sure you are getting enough.

Hope you feel better, and just know that you aren't alone with this symptom!!

Hi,

That is another symptom I can relate too.....For me symptoms like that happen alot at night as well as during the day.

I went through a bout of breathing normally (not feeling like glue or feeling any difficulty in breathing), but at the same time, feeling unsatisfied. I could still do all my normal activites while this was going on. I could be moving around or sitting still.

I mentioned the above to my neuro at my last visit.

It has since abated??? Hmmmmm. I have no clue.

Dionna I used to post about this quite a bit...Shortness of breath or glue in the lungs feelings. It is stil a symptom for me. And yes you should report it hopefully it will turn out to be just ANS related..which means uncomfortable but not lifethreatening.. I actually have had tests to check this that may be a good idea..like Pulmonary fiunction testing.. and others.

I found that I have allergies and they cause nasal passages to swell almost shut aklthough I still get the glue feelings or like I have to remember to take a breath deal.

Check with your doc..I am sorry you are having this symptom it is annoying and uncomfortable.. :(

Belinda

hey all, i am new on the site. just wanted to respond to the breathing discussion. wondering if any of you feel like your diaphragm wont prevent you from taking "normal" breaths, like breaths that should be involuntary instead of always feeling like it is a voluntary effort to make your diaphragm help to move air....??

I have had this too. But never lasted long enough for me to say anything to my doc.

Good luck...and it never hurts to let your dr know about new symptoms.

Amber