Request For Prayers, Good Thoughts, Crossed Fingers, Etc.

Sunfish

I'll make this short but decided to put out a plea for prayers, good thoughts, crossed fingers, etc. in regard to what we (my docs, family, & I) had planned to do treatment-wise, aka IVIG (if you're totally lost/confused, I explained a bit more in my recent post at http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6123).

I was set to be admitted to the hospital this coming monday but insurance is giving us trouble. The hospitalization isn't the issue; it's the IVIG treatment itself. It's not a definite "no" at this point but thus my reason for posting. It's not an exaggeration to say that - with the options available at this time - it's pretty much my last option to try treatment-wise.

While it's far from a certainty, all of my docs are behind trying it so I'd really like the opportunity to at least give it a go. The treatments are approx. $10-15K a pop so if insurance won't pay it's definitively not an option. And while I can try to say that "it's not meant to be" if it doesn't happen, aka it wouldn't have worked anyway, I just can't get behind that mindset wholeheartedly.

Thanks in advance. I'll of course let you know when I hear anything.

:angry: melissa

Hi Melissa,

I hope things work out in your favor so you can get the treatment!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers...

Jacquie

All the best.

WOW melissa I will say a prayer and cross my fingers and toes that insurance goes thru with this treatment for you.. I certainly hope that they do approve this...

good luck dear and please let us know how things turn out!

BIG HUGS

linda

Mellissa,

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the stress of insurance while so sick. Here are prayers and positive thoughts that the insurance company does te right thing. Hang in there girl, we are all pulling for you!

Carmen

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. (yes, i'm yelling :P )

i just found out that i'm good to go for next week. for whatever reason my insurance has deemed that they don't need to pre-approve it afterall. of course there's always the possibility of having to put up a fight after the fact, but hey....for now i'm just thankful that they didn't say no & we're going to proceed.

so......6 am monday morning i'll be heading to the hospital. i'll be getting the broviac line put in and will be in the hospital until at least wednesday afternoon. i'm not going to take my computer initially but if i'm feeling up to it may have my mom bring it at some point.

:( melissa

Guest Julia59

Melissa,

I'm just glad your Docs, and your family are behind you in this. It makes a whole lot of difference when your taken seriously. I was just getting ready to send my prayers to you, and I read this recent post of yours-----I'm delighted that you are covered right now------one step at a time---- :(

Sending prayers anyway---just to keep things moving along for you.

Take Care,

Julie :0)

Congrats!! I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!!!! I hope this new treatment provides some relief for you! Best of luck!

Jacquie

many thanks for all of the continued thoughts, prayers, good wishes, encouragement, support, etc. as i embark on this next step of the journey. they are - as always - much appreciated.

:) melissa