Insurance, Ssi, Need Help?

Hello all,

I'm very frustrated and confused. My husband might be changing jobs...which means I won't be getting insurance in August. He makes too much money for us to be on state help as far as I have been told??

I just want to ball my head off at this point!!! I'm in need of medical care and I can't afford it...what can I do? With my kids I can pay out of pocket for illnesses and shots...but I haven't even been DX so where does that leave me? I can't afford to pay out of pocket for tests..and more tests.

Any advice would be helpful....we might look like we make money on paper, but in truth it all goes to bills and gas for my husband to go back and forth to work.

So lost.....

Amber

>>He makes too much money for us to be on state help as far as I have been >>told??

many states have a buy down program for state insurance. it is not well publicised, well, because too many people would apply.

apply for state insurance, and with it all!!! receipts for your families health stuff. all vaxinations, all dr visits and Rx. receipts and such.

hope this helps.

Joy

>>He makes too much money for us to be on state help as far as I have been >>told??

many states have a buy down program for state insurance. it is not well publicised, well, because too many people would apply.

apply for state insurance, and with it all!!! receipts for your families health stuff. all vaxinations, all dr visits and Rx. receipts and such.

i know the feeling, DH also makes a lot on paper, but with my health, visiting Dr.s almost every week, and having a son with autism and a special diet, our health bills exceed our income. never mind stuf like bills and food.

hope this helps.

Joy

Yes, states have dift. programs -but there are usually programs for spend downs for Medicaid. You really need to check with your state because programs for children are far dift. than those for adults. I know you can purchase insurance for children here through the state at low cost. I strongly encourage you to apply at your local state office, if at all possible make apt. to see someone about your specific circumstances. It is my experience as a former professional, that the info you get on the phone is often not correct.

Do you have a community health center that offers sliding fee or payment plans? I know you don't want to switch care, but better than no care.

Thanks for both of your help.

As of now, my husband is not taking the other job..so if everything works out I will have insurance next month.

Amber