Pots And Birth Control

I was on Ortho Tricyclen Lo for a long time and had no bad side effects and no problems whatsoever, I timed it so that I took the pill in the afternoon at the same time everyday. I got pregnant on the pill last September, and though not planned I was sad when I had a miscarriage a few weeks afterward. After that I was switched to the patch (Ortho Evra). I've been using that for almost a year now and for the first few months didn't notice any side effects. Then I started having this weird feeling in my chest like someone was squeezing my heart and making it skip beats. I had it off and on and it increased in the past few months. I stopped using the patch in May and have noticed that since that time I have not had the strange heart beats at all. I've made an appointment to see a new OB/GYN doc (mine moved away) and I want to change my birth control. I'm really nervous about a low dose of any kind of pill ( I want to physically feel better and be off meds before having children), and the patch irritates my skin and more importantly seems to make me have strange palpatations. I may have something else going on, I'm not sure i've had very abnormal periods for the past 3 or 4 months, mostly they seem to never stop. I'm just curious what works for other people. I'm not all about putting anything inside of me so I wouldn't be able to do the Nuva ring or anything like that. I'm thinking more along the lines of another type of pill. Maybe even just the normal Ortho Tricyclen. Anyone have any recommendations?

Guest dionna

Ortho Tricyclen Lo ... that is what i used but i started having problems with various meds so i stopped taking them all just so i wouldn't have more problems but i don't think the bc had anything negative over me. there are a lot of pills out there and i too was wanting to start on a new kind. i was thinking about the one where you have your period i think 4 times a year. i think that would be good in my case since i am more symptomatic around that time, even when i was on the pill. i suggest just telling your gyn everything you can about your condition and see what s/he thinks about it. i wanted to initially just "get rid" of it with the shot every 6 months but mine said that wouldn't be a good idea at all since we wouldn't know the side effects and i wouldn't want bad side effects for 6 months. let us know how it goes. i am curious too.

dionna :)

I am on OrthoNovum. I do okay on it. I have stopped it before to see if there was any correlation but I haven't been able to draw any.

hi,

i had the depo provera shot when i was 22 -23, it made my pots much worse, i felt absolutely dreadful all the time on it and some months just had constant bleeding. it took over a year for my periods to get back to normal.

we don't have the patch over here yet so now i take Microgynon 30, i thought that i would just give it a try as the last pill i had i had terrible migraines and i wasn't right on it. so far though so good, been on it for seven months now and my doctor has told me to continually take it for three months so i will only have four periods a year. that sounds good to me!! all in all it seems to be working fine and i haven't noticed any bad side effects.

becks x x x

I have the opposite story to the Depo shot. I started taking it because they thought that my symptoms had something to do with my period. It didn't, but they put me on the shot because it stopped my period. I haven't had one since 2001 and dont miss it a day. Some people go on it and have the same problems as Becky though. You either do better or you do worse on it. It is like any medication it has to do with your body's make up and whether something works positively or negatively for you.

Shelby