Thank You!

:angry: I am glad over $400 was raised - I can't wait to get my bracelet and earrings in the mail. Michelle,thanks for all of your hard work! I may not post often, but I check in with the site almost every day to see whats going on and it helps me live with this annoying syndrome and have a sense of humor about it!!! Beth

Hi Beth,

I can't wait to get my medical bracelet/necklace. I had my eye on it for quite a while. It was one Nina donated. She does beautiful work.

Alexia said she will be mailing out whatever is already paid for on Monday. Everyone should have gotten their invoices, and if anyone has any questions they can email me at staff@dinet.org.

I'm still amazed at all the beautiful things people donated. You guys are so talented. I was showing some of the girls I work with (at the library) the items that had been donated and they just kept going on and on about how nice they were.

Thank you donors and bidders!

Michelle

I can't wait-------------

I was fortunate enough to have won several art pieces--my walls are waiting for them :angry::o:P:D

They will be lovely to look at from my bed, now in the living room.

the jewelry will be a gift for my daughter's bithday in a couple weeks.

Thanks again to all of you for donating your talented pieces of work.

I still have to say, I am surprised that bids weren't higher, maybe it was a busy vaca week for people??

Well, I am one happy bidder.

We did wonder if the holiday had anything to do with lower bids. The website in general is a little slower in summertime...the kids are out of school and a lot of people are busy. We may hold next year's auction in the spring or fall instead of in the summer, especially if we get more seasonal items, like the scarves.

Thanks again!

Michelle

Yes, I bid high on items and was not even close to being outbid on most things--although I did lose a couple of items but I ended up needing to watch my total climbing anymore. I wanted people's items to bring in an amount that would make them feel like their hard work was worth it and valued...which it is!

Perhaps we could also set the beginning prices a bit higher too? That might help a bit, although I am no expert at ebay. Fall might be good for holiday shopping!

I had one friend buy a piece of Wareagle's mom's jewelry and I ended up getting most of the things I bid on...and man, am I excited! :angry:

Such talent!

Emily

Fall would be a much better time for the auction. Ebay is slow right now and the July 4th week seems especially slow. In the fall, people are thinking Christmas.

Michelle, did you think about doing the auction under the charity auctions? Maybe help the auctions be seen a little more. Don't worry, it takes a few years for aucitons to grow in reputation. I'll donate another painting when the next auction comes around.

Also, keep your dinet account open on ebay. If everyone who bought this time around will post + feedback, it'll help with bids and amounts next time around.

~Melanie

Hi Melanie,

We did think about going the Charity route (missionfish) on ebay. Unfortunately the old adage "nothing for free" applies here too. Missionfish charges extra fees on top of what ebay already charges, which is why we chose not to use their service.

Michelle

I'm also thinking that a fall action would work out good, esp. for xmas presents. I, unfortunately didn't keep up with the eBay bidding, I had never used it before, so by the time I saw I was outbid the auction was over. :)

It seems each project we undertake...we learn, right? :)

Each go 'round we'll get better and better. Now might be a good time, though, while the experience is fresh in our mind to think about how we'd like to do things next year? Just a thought...

The little 'bugs' that we want to work out...like doing it in the fall, etc...

We DID it though and that is a BIG step! :)

What a bummer that they charge more for charity. Oh, I will have to figure out how to post feedback about the seller and give positive feedback as Roselover suggested.

Goodnight!

Emily

I am glad we were successful - a wonderful result for the first time around! We had many beautiful things - we really are a talented bunch! Might we come up with an additional auction for this holiday season? Or are we going to wait until next year?

Thank you, every one for the work that went into this, I do a lot of my shopping on e-bay since I don't get "out" to shop anymore, and I do some selling, so I know the scope of the work that went into this.

yes everyone did such a lovely job on the things that where donated.. and thanks to all of you who bid and ran the auction..!

If we have another one.. an auction.. I would be more then happy to donate more stuff..