Carmen's Therapy

taylortotmom

Hi, everyone. Have any of you noticed I've not been around as much as usual? Hee, hee want to know what I've been up to??? I'm writing songs. Seriously. I am finally pursuing my lifelong dream of professional songwriting and it is so validating! I am having a blast and write almost everyday. I'm on MySpace (along with 90 million others!)and have lyrics posted. There is a local songwriter's group I have become associated with and we have monthly meetings and monthly performances. I have not performed yet but probably will next month (wish me luck!). I have a dozen or songs copyrighted (all written since Jan.) and another dozen or so to send off for copyrights over the next couple of weeks. Now, I just have to find a publisher but it will happen. This has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done- all these years of stinky health have made for some good writing and healing). Thought you all might be interested- I've been dying to tell you all :)

WOW!! carmen!! that is very cool!!

I instatnly though when i read your post.. of the mom of 3( i think 3 kids..???? ) who wishes came true.. she has a few of her songs on Faith Hills new CD Fireflys.. and they were both on Oprah a few months back..

who knows maybe you will be the next on to be on Oprah! with a famous singer choosing your songs! that is very cool that you are pursuring your dream!

YOU GO GIRL!!

hugs

linda

Thanks for all the responses. To answer your questions: I write primarily country, my goal is to have my music recorded by major artists, I have my song lyrics on Myspace right now with the music to follow shortly. I have had extremely positive feedback (from other songwriters, publishers, etc.) so I am excited. If I get a publishing deal you can bet I will post the news here! But, it has been a ball and thank you all for sharing a little of this with me :)

Carmen

heya carmen -

sorry i'm late in responding, but i still wanted to add my support & cheers for your new ventures. i think it's awesome & would also love to see/hear some of your stuff. i'm way into just about any/all types of music. one of my friend's brothers is a singer/songwriter & one of his songs got picked up by one of the "big guys" a few years back; while he does okay on his own the risidual checks definitely don't hurt!

i wish you all the best, but regardless of where it goes it sounds like it's been a great thing for YOU, which is probably most important of all....

thanks for updating us & don't become a total stranger...

:) melissa

Carmen,

How wonderful that you have found something that fills you with such joy. So many people here have nourished their creative sides and found it incredibly healing...

I say, if you are around here less b/c you are busy doing something that brings you such joy, go for it! :rolleyes:

And, keep us posted, of course!

Emily