Auction - Can't Find Links To Bid

Ebay will automatically list the items at the time Michelle picked--it may be too early in the day. Check again later.

Also, here are some tips for bidding on eBay.

1. If you don't have an account, create one for free.

2. If you're not a seasoned online auction person, take the eBay tour, which is offered to you when you're signing up for an account. It will save you from making big boo boos that could cause you to lose an auction.

3. With your FIRST bid, enter the highest amount you're willing to pay for the item when the auction CLOSES. eBay will then automatically counter bid for you against other bidders until it reaches your maximum. If someone else enters a higher bid, it will counter up to the highest amount from ALL bidders--so the highest initial bid takes the item. If two bidders have entered the same amount, the one who bid earliest wins, hence my telling you to bid your personal max in your first bid instead of "nibbling" at the price by repeatedly entering bids that are slightly higher and higher.

Nina

Thanks for the added ebay tips, Nina!

I just added this info to another post as to why the auction links aren't up yet:

Hi guys!

You can now vote for your favorite t-shirt! The voting page will be up for a week.

The auction is starting today. The auction links will be added to our website in just a few hours. Keep in mind, we are all on different time zones. The auction is scheduled to start on ebay at 9 am PDT. I will have to go in and manually add a link to each item from our webpage after the auction begins, as only then will I have a page to link to. Please check back for the links on the DINET site at around 11 am PDT. I should be able to add the links in by then.

If you need to convert time from PDT to whatever time zone you are in, you can do it here:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

Thanks for your patience,

Michelle

Lois, actually, ebay does that for you.

You can click on any one item from DINET, which takes you to ebay. Once the page loads, look to the box on the right of the page that says "meet the seller". It lists the seller info, and has a link that allows you to see all items from that seller in either a list format or gallery (store) format.

Nina

Thanks for your suggestions, Lois! And thanks for all your help, Nina. It didn't take long to put the links in...they are in now. www.dinet.org/auction.htm

You may need to refresh your page if you don't see the links.

Thanks for all of your support and help with this auction. We areally appreciate it.

Michelle

If you click on any items "bid now" link, go to that page, then, in the upper right corner, in the blue box, you can click on the "view sellers other items.... That will give you a page of all of the items, and a link to e-mail if you want to go that route....

So, Nina, do I understand this correctly....

I bid the highest amount I am willling to pay right away, but if others do not come near that amount I will not have to pay that? I will just pay a bid a bit higher than the next highest bidder?

Say, I bid $25 for something and the other highest bid is $15...will I then pay about $16 when the auction closes?

Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly. I like the idea of not having to bid back and forth forever! B)

I'm going back and forth on what items I most want!

Thanks,

Emily

P.S. Everything looks so well-done. Thank you to all who worked so hard to donate items, get the pictures up and posted, and all the little details in between.

yes, that's correct em. (i know that i'm not nina, but since i've "done ebay" myself for awhile not thought i'd still let you know.)

B) melissa

This question is for Alexia...

I was wondering if I buy several items will you be offering shipping discounts as some sellers do on ebay? Just wondering, as the shipping costs are so high and I have bid on several items...and thought maybe they could be combined for a little bit of savings on shipping?

Thanks!

P.S. I just sent out an email to my friends and some family about the auction (about 50 or so people), so I hope some of them will check it out! :D

Hi there,

I talked to Michelle about this and it is noted in each auction that we would combine items where feasible to lower shipping costs. It will depend on what you purchase. For example, if you buy two large items I might not be able to combine them to ship. However, if they are smaller items I could combine them. At the end of the auction, we will make the adjustments to lower shipping costs if at all possible.

Hope that helps answer your question!

Take care,

Alexia

P.S. Thanks for spreading the word about the auction to your friends and family. I have done the same!

This question is for Alexia...

I was wondering if I buy several items will you be offering shipping discounts as some sellers do on ebay? Just wondering, as the shipping costs are so high and I have bid on several items...and thought maybe they could be combined for a little bit of savings on shipping?

Thanks!

P.S. I just sent out an email to my friends and some family about the auction (about 50 or so people), so I hope some of them will check it out! :D