Prevacid 30mg

Hi,

My PCP decided to try Prevacid for me. I'm just wondering if anyone here has taken it before at that dose, or even smaller ones.

What was your experience???

THanks,

Jacquie

I have not tried Prevacid but I do take 40mg of Nexium daily. I have no adverse problems at all from it. It's actually the best med I've ever been on.

I was prescribed Prevacid as well but my pharmacy at work has a much better price on the Nexium. As far as I know they are basically the same and I was told by my pharmacist that they have different fillers and different salts. I'm not real sure what they meant by salts, be they claimed it was practically the same.

Greg

Prevacid did absolutely nothing for my GI symptoms. Nexium gave me a terrible dry mouth and did not help me. It seems to me that they are throwing darts at me blindfolded because they don't know what to do. I hope you have better luck than I did with it. I works great for my husband, but he does have GERDS, not EDS, POTS.

Lori

I've taken Prilosec for years, and now Nexium 40mg 2x a day. Both help me tremendously. I was tried on Prevacid, which did help with my gut stuff, but I'm allergic to it.

Nina

I do not know what prevacid mg I tried, but it did not work for me at all.

Nexium 40 mg once a day partially worked.

Prilosec 40 mg once a day (very large dose) worked great but then I think I got a POTsy-type reaction from taking this dose. (I had quit taking it because of the stomach flu. Then when starting up again I got this reaction.)

Prilosec over-the counter 20 mg, used to work for years. Now, I get a feeling like an elephant is sitting on my stomach when I take it.

I don't know what I'm going to do now. It seems difficult to control the acid and reflux problems I have along with the gastritis.

I'm sort of subsisting on the nexium 40 mg/once a day and I'm popping a 40 mg famotidine (pepcid) or 40 mg raniditine (zantac) at another part of the day to help.

Good luck.