Introverted Vs Extroverted

Tammy

Hello! I've noticed in a few posts, that sometimes someone will mention how even before their illness started, they were introverted. So besides the symptoms that cause us to be less social, would you by nature consider yourself introverted or extraverted. I have always been fairly shy so would definitely consider myself interverted. I've sometime wondered if getting stressed out easily and being introverted my entire life had made me more prone to this illness, so just thought I'd do a little poll on it.

Thanks.

Tammy

Yes, I was a recovering introvert at the time. Now I am definately an extrovert. I even have to keep it in check sometimes. If I feel sick and nauseated during a meeting, I will tend to be really aggressive and volunteer for all sorts of tasks. I try and cover up the fact that I feel bad and go a little too far. I don't want this illness to ding my career so I tend to go overboard with the involvement.

Gotta stop doing that!!

I'm a lifelong introvert, but I don't connect that to being ill at all.

Guest dionna

i loved to be around people and going places. i didn't like being still at all. my parents even say that the night i came home from the hospital i was scooting around in my crib. i didn't like being held, i wanted to be wide open - playing. i wasn't popular or anything in school and i never considered myself as having many friends until i was in the marine corps. thats when i became popular and i hung out with everybody. my room was the room to hang out in. usually i was the only female and i fainted all the time so i got a lot of attention and the guys were always eager to help the damsil in distress. so i was an "extroverted" person i guess. and although i don't feel like it anymore, i wish i could still be sometimes, but i am happy just being myself now. i'm actually at the moment happier than i have ever been. POTS and its symptoms and all. i do miss spreading my wings and flying where ever but i guess that is about it now.

dionna :lol:

always extroverted since i was little. putting on plays & musical reviews when little for family & friends, loving performing on stage, student council officer, team captain, etc, etc. i have always enjoyed some time to myself as well to read or write or just be but my personality is definitely extroverted. one of the hardest things about my current physical limitations is its isolating effect on my day to day life...

:lol: melissa