Big giant sigh of relief...

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the encouragement you gave me this semester. I finally finished my 5th major paper in a two week span...what a load of stress off my brain! Until, of course, I start all over again in September!!!

Biggest hugs and thanks to Michelle and to Dan for being my cheering section (in addition to the cheers I get at home from Teri).

:D Nina

CONGRATULATIONS, Nina!!!!! What an accomplishment! I've said it before and I'll say it again: you're an inspiration.

Now get out there and enjoy the sunshine and your lovely garden. (I thought of you today as I planted my impatiens...slowly and with heart a-pounding, I got it done! Yay!)

Cheers,

Merrill

:D thanks Ladies, I can 't even tell you how great it feels! The last paper is for a presentation at a conference in Boston over Memorial Day weekend. It's a conference that I'd been to for 11 years in a row before my spinal problems...I've missed the past 3 conferences. If you're really bored and want to look...

http://www.abainternational.org/convention...events//365.htm

BTW, I keep going outside in little spurts today--my roses are blooming already--this is darned early for that! The sage plants have gorgeous puple flowers, and my potted blueberry plants have several hundred deep blue berries; still small, but I'm looking forward to making pancakes with them. The cherry tomatoes have flowers, so only a few weeks 'til those have tasty treats--hot peppers are flowering too. Also, the lilacs are out, as are my clematis that I planted to wrap around the bases of my front trees. Can't wait for my Aisan and daylillies to start doing their thing! :) I pruned a bit today, watered, and mostly just took in the sights. Also put out my humming bird feeder. I hope to catch a picture of one soon to share!

Sharing my sigh of relief with each one of you...ahhhhh...peaceful... :)

Nina, don't know how you do it but so pleased for you!! I didn't realize what an avid gardner you are in addition to all else. My husband's dewberry plants are producing and he is THRILLED!! We had just enough for a small cobbler. Blueberry pancakes sound wonderful too.

hope you have a little free time between now and Sept so you can do some things you put off when you are in school. Enjoy yourself...it is well deserved.

Hi Nina,

You do so sound like the accomplished gardner. I have a question for you. I am not anticipating planning my flower garden this year but I would like to maybe do some Potted plants on my deck. Can you give me some good ideas for some low maintenance goodies?? Please let me know

Sue

Awe, gee guys! See, told ya you were my cheering section. I think I do it because at some point someone told me I couldn't burn my candle at both ends and I thought to myself "F*@# you! I'm doing it!" My poor mother when I was growing up. I think one of the reasons I don't have kids (even though I REALLY want them) is because I'm petrified they'll be just like me :D now THAT is frightening!

Yes, I love my garden. When I can't go out, I go from window to window in my house and stare at my plants :)

As for EASY potted plants, I go for perenials or self seeding items (basil and dill reseed themselves, as do pansies). It really depends on the climate where you are-- however, can't go wrong with anything in the mint family, they are darned hardy. Actually, I never put mint, oregano or other invasive plants in beds--they'll choke out everything else. Mints get small flowers, in white-ish pom pom like clusters through most of the summer. Sages are also pretty hardy and come back year after year, and this time of year have pretty purple flowers. I put petunias in small planters between each of my herbs or aromatic plants (lemon verbena, lemon balm, marjoram, oregano, mint, dill, red and regular basil, sage, rosemary...etc). Rosemary is a perenial, just don't let it dry out over the winter--and rather than get a small plant, get a bigger one so that it's got a better shot. I also have a huge patch of lavender--it will do fine in pots too. It's just getting the shoots with the blooms...they'll likely open by the end of the week. Impatients are fast color but need plenty of water, so if you're not that careful, they'll dry out in pots. For bigger plants, you can try some of the more exotic daylillies--they come in all sorts of colors. For a climbing plant, clematis is lovely--you just have to keep the roots cool (so, cover well with soil, then mulch on top), the rest can be out in full sun.

Wow, that's probably more than you needed to know...couldn't help myself :)

Nina

Nina you always amaze me! You deserve a full-time on-site cheering section. You are the biggest inspiration I know and what you thought was 'cheering' by me was just stunned amazement. You rock. I hope you take some well deserved time for yourself and enjoy your achievement. Love and healing,

Dan

WOW! You are amazing! I really don't know how you do it! Congratulations on getting your papers done. How much longer to you have until you'll be Dr. Nina? I hope you'll be able to enjoy your summer before the the school year begins again. Deb

I estimate that it will be about 3 more years before I'm Dr. Nina :D Actually, I think my last name makes that funnier...Dr. Wilde (the "e" is silent). Sounds like a really bad soap opera name...or "B" movie. "Paging Dr. Wilde..." We always use my last name when we make reservations for dinner...that way it's always "Wilde party of 2" or 4, etc. :)

I have 4 more weeks of work, and then I'm off until the end of August. This will be my very first summer off since before college as I worked and took classes in college all summer. Ah, the wonders of working under a teacher's contract and union for the very first time! 12 mos pay for 10 mos work! What was I thinking all those years before this??? I am planning on doing a whole lot of NUTTIN' this summer.

:) Nina

Guest Julia59

Congratulations Nina! I don't know how you do it! You have one of the most amazing attitudes I have ever seen.

I think I will try planting natural herbs this year. My son loves to use them in pasta dishes. I'm not much of a green thumb---but I am learning. I usually do Ok with most of the things I plant.

Take Care,

Julie :0)

Congratulations!!! You truly are amazing. I have been having some really bad weeks lately and hardly able to work. I am supposed to start back to school in Aug.(in addition to trying to work PT) and was wondering if I could juggle it. You really give me encouragement but I don't know if I am as strong as you are. As a matter of fact, I am supposed to take a week long class for a certification in 2 weeks(8-5--M-F) and don't know if I will be able to get through it, I was thinking about backing out but I really want to do this, just don't think my body is able right now--URGH!!

I really admire you and your strength. What do you do when you have those really bad "POTSY" days???? Cause it sounds like you get through them somehow. Please give me your secret to your success!!!

Danelle

Uhhmmmmm...the secret to my success... :angry: Well...

I drink too much caffeine...and eat loads of salty food. My friends know I'm having a "potsy" day when I am carrying my beef jerky everywhere I go :angry: Baked lays and tostitos are my friends.

When I can, I sneak home for lunch hour and sleep instead of eat, then I eat in the car on the way back. Even if I only get 20 or 30 minutes, it can REALLY help me. When I can't get home, I try to meditate quietly in my car. That doesn't always work out though.

And then, of course, there are the days when I just can't pull any of that off--Monday was one of them. I called out sick and slept for most of the day. That's what I get for pushing so hard through last week...something always has to give, and this time, it was ME.

I also don't think I'd have a shot in H*!! of doing any of this if it weren't for having a partner who does so much for me.

:o Nina

Yes, Teri sounds like a life saver! I know that has to make a HUGE difference. I do have some support at home but not what I need.

As far as the caffeine, I haven't had any in over 7 years(I'm sure it's been much longer than that). It used to make my heart skip and beat too fast-like it doesn't do that enough on it's own!!! Maybe I will try baby amounts of caffeine and see if it may help some.

I still haven't tried the Midodrine-I'm just a chicken I guess. My BP usually runs 90's/50-70's and I'm just afraid to try it. I'm a little irritated at myself for that but it's just where I am right now.

Anyway, thanks for the info(again). You should be extremely proud of yourself and tell Teri she is great from all of us other folks on the site!!