Ended Up In Er...

Hi Guys,

I just got home a little while ago from the ER. At 1am I was brought by ambulance to the ER. I really felt like I was going to die...

I fell asleep @ 1030pm which is early for me and woke up at 1215am and I felt really funny, I had severe chills with sweating (diaphoretic) as well as heart palps. I had to use the bathroom, so I got up slow and went and felt dizzy while urinating, so I go back to the couch and my heart rate shoots up, I feel dizzy/lightheaded, pale, naseaus, still had the chills with sweats...

The weird thing is that my bp wasn't horrible when I sat up before using the bathroom it was around 104/70-something...Then when I felt weirder it went up to 148/91 while pulse of 91, which wasnt too high at that point. It's weird because I'd think that I'd felt weird because my bp was low??

Anyhow, at the hospital I had a really good male nurse, very nice and understanding. The doc gave me some saline fluids, magnesium drip, metoprolol, and Zofran...They did a urine culture which showed some bacteria, took ALOT of blood which included testing for a blood infection, etc.

I have to call my cardio today and I have no idea what's going to happen. The Midodrine helps, but obv not at night because I can't take it then. Since my bp wasn't very low though I don't really know what caused the probs...It felt like my bp bottomed out because when I layed down it would go down a bit but I still felt like I was going to pass out, when I was laying down which is odd....

Anyhow, so that's how I spent my night, time for bed.......I'll let you guys know what my cardio says..:)

Jacquie

Sorry you were there last night. At least you they treated you well with fluids etc. Quite possible you have a uti or kidney infection going on and your body was/is trying to fight it off. Can't get enough fluids when you have an infection though...seems to be the case.

Infections can cause strange symptom in a normal body let alone a dysautonomic one. :) Glad your b/p and heartrate were not bad that is a plus.

If I did not have my own water with me when I was in the er, I'd had nothing! The only liquid they gave me was the water to take two giant potassium pills with! No iv no nothing.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Can you take that male nurse home with ya :lol:

:) OH I have huge red patches all over me from where the EKG pads......ITCHY and not feeling good.

Oh yes. The gel on the pads make me itch every time. I am wearing a 30 day monitor and when I change the pads I scrape or pull of the gel. They still work it is just that there is sooo much gel that I get so itchy and my skin gets raw.

Try some calamine or hydrocortisone cream on it.

Sorry to hear about your night. I hope the doctor today will be able to help find out what is causing some of the problems, and able to get some of the problems under control. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Well not the way to go find good air conditioning Jacquie-lol- :)

Seriously, sorry you had to make the trip and hope you soon feel back to the norm for you.

I also seem to be having a rough time the past two weeks, as if it wasn't bad enough already. Thought it was heat realted, but staying cool, so not sure what is up. I also woke from sound sleep, with the old adrenalin flowing and heart racing-BP was up some for morning read for me and HR was also up for me. So laying low today and hoping things will turn around. Lots of Gastro stuff the last few days as well, not sure what that is about as I take meds for GERD, been real bad for some reason.

Well lets hope for a better day. Take care.

Hi Guys,

Here are some updates....

GI Doc wants to schedule endoscopy...

Cardio wants to check my BP while I'm on the Midodrine since I may have to take some @ night. Also, I am to take metoprolol @ night...