Getting Myself Ready

willows

Mike has now lost another pound this week and is looking really good, his suit sits well and doesn't bulge around what was his pod and his skin and hair have all improved as well.

He now weights just 11 stone 10 pounds which is perfect for his height and age and he doesnt need to diet anymore............. :rolleyes:

I went to the doctors yesterday for a check up as I've been doing this 'passing out ' stuff and I haven't been able to looses any weight for a couple of weeks now , which is somewhat annoying and strange !

My feet and ankle are a bit swollen so she is going to increase my water retention tablets for a week or so to get rid of all the excess thats in my body .

She's also going to increase my HRT as she feels that my excessive sweats which have come back with gusto may be caused by this , but she's not sure, so its a case of trial and error again.

I've almost packed everything now , suits in there suit bags , my outfit in another and I've a nice hat box to transport the blue hat with.

Hasn't this time gone so quickly , next Saturday I will be off to the wedding ( well hotel) and it will all be over by the Sunday .......crumbs I am still hoping that the water in my system will flush away and that I'll loose another few pounds this week ...........let you know on Wednesday of next week.

Well my last log in will be Friday of next week and that will be it until I return ............then I'll tell you what happened !!!!

Willows.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

willows,

you must look lovely in your new outfit. i hope the trial and error with the meds won't spoil the wedding for you i just hope you'll have a great day. enjoy it as much as you can,

corina :P

oh, and keep an eye on your son, he might have trouble keeping the girls off of him!!!! (i have a 15 year old son as well, they are soooo cute at this age!!!)

Thank you , thank you thank you,................corina for speaking to me :D

I was begining to think there was no one really reading this post .....................big hugs to you :(

I am a bit worried about the meds but as this time what with the swelling of the feet and ankles ( extra weight in the system ) and the fainting , sweating and ................anything else I dont think I have a lot to loose 'one way or the other'

I do have 8 days ............oh crumbs 8 days looks such a little amount of time now doesn't it :D

But 8 days left to get my meds back to normal.

As for my son well............6 feet tall , bright blue eyes ( like mine ) and a real charmer ( according to his tutors!!!) be looks like Val Kilmer the man who played the lead in the saint movie !!!! so eyes and ears will be in his direction , mind you he's more interested in getting his head down to get those A levels he needs to be able to go to uni then to his chosen profession first...........or thats what he says :P

Bye for now ...............if I have any interesting things happen before next Wednesday I'll let you know .

Willows.

I had to come on today and give you this information..............as I am so pleased for my son for his brilliant achievement . :D

They say that now a days kids cant stick to anything ............well I have proof that given the right encouragement and back up from us adults anything can be achieved.

My son Mike was so down about his weight in June of this year, he didn't want to go swimming because his wet suit made him look like he was 'pregnant' and he felt looking at his peers he was 'fat'! his clothes didn't sit right on him as he had a 'pod' which actually hung over his jeans or trouser waistband, not good for a 15 year old.:(

Checking on the BMI scale he was overweight , so as this wedding was in 10 weeks time I asked him if he would trust me in setting a proper diet for him , but only if he would eat exactly what he was given no if's or buts'..............he did right down to the last carrot, yogurt and diet juice.

Today the 12th August 2006 he lost every pound of his excess weight ............21 lbs in 9 weeks

His skin is good ( no more horrid spots)

His hair doesn't stand on end and anymore and looks shiny and healthy.

And his body is lean and strong looking............in fact some of his friends who are also 'slightly flabby' are now looking to me for help !!!

I know I'm way behind as I have only lost 1 stone in the 9 weeks but with my tablets out of control ( not doing there job properly) I may loose a bit more now I'm sorted drug wise again.( fingers crossed)

I will log in on Friday the 18th for the last pre-wedding weigh in for myself and let you know any other bits and bobs that have happened..............I'm still going to stick to my diet to the bitter end in the hope that I may just loose a few more pounds.

Willows...................... :P

P.S. Just spoke to my hubby's ex-wife she's wearing a cream ,pink and pale green dress with a pale green jacket , no hat and she had forgotten a bag until I reminded her :rolleyes:

Thank you Nadine, we had a quite day as we are hopefully going to eat out next Saturday in Falmouth , yes my hubby is a great guy. :lol:

Just ..........can you believe it !!!!

Had a call from the hotel we are staying at this Saturday and Sunday night.

I had written an email to them explaining that I was bringing a number of drugs which I would like stored in a locked container ( morphine, pethidine etc) .

I also told them I am bringing a single new continental quilt 15 tog to put under the bottom sheet for me to lay on. If I didn't do this and stick loads of extra pillows on top as well ...........well let me tell you the last time I stayed away in August last year at a hotel I spent the first night crying my eyes out with the pain in my hips , back and legs....the bed was like nails to me .

I also explained that on the day of the wedding 'housekeeping' would only be able to get in while we where at breakfast ( 8 am to 9 am ) then not until 1 pm after we have left for the ceremony , this is because I take so long getting ready and also I need to rest in between getting ready, if that makes sense , doing my waist length hair is a killer.........and no I wont get it cut :lol:

So phone went , its the hotel......yes drugs all OK that sorted, extra pillows sorted, quilt ? are after explaining about the pain, thats sorted ............then they went on to tell me that if I wanted to leave the hotel at 1 pm on the Sunday I had to make special provision and may have to pay an extra charge ?????????????????????????????? what charge, for leaving the room ???????????

Me thinks someone in head office needs to clean there glasses............we dont leave until MONDAY at 11 am.

'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps.........sorry ' they said got it rather wrong didn't we .

Panic over , I am now having a cup of coffee and an apple while watching Mr & Mrs Smith on top of the bed to rest my legs/hips ............. so called professional people :lol: ......please, please dont panic me again .

Willows. ;)

Well things are moving along better now here guys.

I've started the 2 mg of HRT and sorted my clonidine and feel so much better , so good in fact that I've done hubby's and sons hair........thats cut it.

I dont think I have told you this before but my grandmother was the personal hairdresser to the American movie stars 'Ben Lyle and Bebe Daniels' in her youth , both my daughters are hairdressers and I partly trained which is why I can cut men's hair. So both boys are smart and not looking like they have been 'pulled through a hedge backwards ' anymore !!!!! :)

I'm just finishing off the wedding present at this minute ( ribbons, flowers etc)

And ...........want a laugh??????

How to keep your hubby quite ( and me) ...............get a pack of home bleach for your teeth , you know that stuff that you use three or four times a day on plastic strips to bleach them back to the original colour.

Well having inspected our teeth last week we decided that they looked 'the pits' so yesterday we started this stuff............my goodness I've only done three out of the 21 applications and already they are looking good !!!!!

They say that yellow and dingy teeth are a give away of your age...........yes, I know its all to do with vanity , but I am getting more worried now as 60% of the people at this wedding are on the ex-wife's side ...........so I will look my best at all costs and hubby to ,so she See's what she's missing :) .

Well I'm off coffee calls and a chicken casserole is screaming to be put in the oven for lunch ..........bye, bye for now ...........and just one thing ................Thank you all for being here for me, I know that many of you dont reply , but its nice to know that in some way you do understand what this is all about .

Thank you all who have logged onto this post so very much .

Willows.

Thank you jdqm...............I am taking my SLR and hubby is taking his digital ( the new one ) we will be taking loads of pictures , but not to sure where you could all see them ????

I know you will think I'm 'off my rocker ' now , but I'm going to take both the suits ( cornflower blue one & pink chiffon one ) hats, shoes ( hi heeled and flat for both colours) bags and other accessories..........my hubby thinks we will need a removal truck not a car to take us to the hotel :huh: men .what do they know !!!!

Its just that however much I like the blue outfit and hat etc, etc, I love the pink outfit with the roses and sequins /beads on , especially the hat...........WOW !!!! and if you remember the only reason I got the blue one was the terrible sweating .............which with the re-booted drugs has diminished somewhat to say the least.

So I'm keeping my options open , if its cool I may wear the pink , if its hot the blue :blink: typical woman :D

Got up today and weighed myself ...........................???? 4 whole pounds gone.............bye, bye , I haven't stopped shuffling to the loo all day again, I knew it must be my drugs playing games with me !!!! :angry:

Teeth are looking good as I've now done about 7 bleaches ........mmmm but they are feeling a 'little sensitive' :unsure: so I may just do two a day from now onwards.

Well I'm off again , feeling a bit tired now , only been up since 9.15 am but had a shower and that takes so much out of me some days . I've just about packed , wrapped , boxed and checked everything for the week end.

I cannot believe its almost here, and would dearly love to take you all with me .......dressed in our finery . hats and shoes :D ............but if I can get some photo's to show you I will .

Bye for now Willows............or 'AMi ' as we know each other so well now :wub:

You go, Girl!!!!Have a great day celebrating at the wedding. Whichever dress you choose to wear, you will still be your classy and humrous self!

Let us know how the wedding goes!

Lois

PS Don't forget to wear your blue topaz anniversary pendant! That will sure impress everyone and make your husband even prouder and happier that he found his true soulmate!!!

Thank you so much for your replies and yes I am going to wear my topaz necklace, in fact yesterday I managed to find some earrings to match in the same shape but just one shade lighter , so they shouldn't look to different.

This is my last post until I come home.

I haven't slept for almost 10 days now , this morning I went to sleep at 7.10 am and woke at 10.30 am , my son armed with coffee which he stuck under my noes came to wake me up :) he didn't want to leave me asleep to long as I then cant sleep at all come night time.

I'm just sticking in the last of my face stuff that I will not use in the morning :)

Talk about having a good work out ( face wise) I've hot polished, face masked, toned , moisturized , eye creamed , shark oiled my scar and my face is gleaming now.

Followed this with painted my nails ( both sets) doing my legs and scrubbing the old bod..............hair on head is shinning and quite honestly I cant think of anything else to scrub, polish cream, paint or hot wrap...........if this doesn't make me less wrinkled, less grandmotherly and more of a 'glamorous woman ' then I'll stick my head in a carrier bag and wear a bin liner to the wedding !!!

My husband has just said ' dear if that doesn't work I'll take you in the garden with the cold hose and wash you down with the yard brush and carbolic soap'!!!!!! :D:blink::blink:

Right well..............bye, bye for now I'll be back on Monday evening ( UK time)

Take care of yourselves and speak to you all soon............a very excited Willows. :wub:

Hello everyone..............a very tired willows here which is why I'm late coming back to you, I fell asleep ...........sorry :D

It took us some 4 hours to go just 65 miles to the hotel , which was very nice, very clean and comfortable and very helpful staff , thank goodness , unfortunately hubby became ill on the drive down and was confined to bed from 6 pm on the Saturday night until 11 am Sunday morning , giving him just enough time to get showered , dressed and all done by 1 pm for the off to the wedding venue.

The wedding hotel was right on the beach front and very smart, the flower scheme was white and a mid to bright pink rose . There where loads of people there from step daughters side of the family and in total about 100 guests watched the happy event .

My husband and I had a HUGE shock when the wedding started as his daughter who we had not seen for some 7-8 months and had only spoken to via the phone or email had put on rather a large amount of weight, so much so that we hardly recognised her ...............both of us had to do a double take to see if we where at the right wedding !!!

Apparently she had lost some weight before the wedding , when we last saw her she was about a UK size 14-16 and she looked lovely , now she was at least a UK size 20-22 hubby was so surprised :o her large size doesn't seem to worry her or her new husband, but with so many problems getting pregnant because of excess weight I do feel she may be in for a tough time if they want to start a family straight away.

Right now the nitty-gritty :P

After many an hour staring at the two outfits I went for the pink one as it was a cool day but the sun was shining, the pink chiffon outfit with the pale pink roses and tiny aroraborialis beads and sequins on and is rather frilly and very feminine along with the pink hat that you look out from under ( which I put sequins and beads on ) and the pink sparkly hi-heeled sandals and bag .........it was a hit!!!! so many ladies complemented me on the outfit, and I felt quite 'normal' despite the fact that I was floating about on pethidine !!!!! And no I didn't touch one drop of drink in case I went 'silly' as drugs and alcohol do not mix under any circumstances

Mike .............well he did look smart in his navy suit, white tee shirt with the suit sleeves pushed up ........all cat walk model style!!!! he to had many a granny admire such a nice looking Young man !!! :lol: he stayed away from the girls though , he is only 15 and still a bit shy , poor boy.

Hubby looked .........like hubby navy sports jacket , slacks and shirt & tie .

THE BRIDE: my daughter had a strapless dress of white chiffon over brocade , the chiffon was encrusted with a gold embroidered large rose .

The back of the dress was laced with ribbon from just under her shoulder blades to below her waist and then the dress hung in folds edged with gold , it also had a small train.

From the front it had a sash of white chiffon across the bodice from under her right armpit to below her left hip.

She wore a beautiful tiara and mid length veil , the earrings were her great grandmothers as was the necklace, the watch her grandmothers and the wedding ring was the grooms grandmothers made smaller.

The food was wonderful; a starter of fans of melon with a raspberry and mango coulis, then chicken with a cream sauce and veggies followed by profitoroles and cream..........

I have taken some pictures and hubby has taken loads.

IF you would like to see what the bride , broom, hubby , mike and myself look like then the only way I know how to do this is for you to email me at my email address and I will send them back to you ...........

I will of course email them to all of you who do write to me at my email address already , so if you have been following my exploits and would like to see the out come ..............I will be sending out the photos in about two days ( Wednesday ) from now so email me at; willowbrooke@fsmail.net

Anything else you want to know Ask away ............... I'm very tired now and must get some shut eye as I keep falling asleep and spelling things wrong ( hubby's hanging over me again just in case B) )

I did have a wonderful time , the company was interesting !!! the speeches , very amusing and the bride , stunning ..............bye , bye for now , its so nice to be back home in my special bed ............Willows

willows,

i am so glad that you and your family had a nice time. of course you are tired now, so rest as much as you can and take your time to heal from this!

if you want to, you can sent a photo to momtogiuliana, she can put it on the faces of dinet part. only if you want that of course. i would sure love to "meet" you and your family!

corina :D

ps: there's a faces of dinet topic on top of the chit chat forum which gives information on how to do this.

Thanks Corina.

I will get my photos' printed today ' if I have any energy left .

Hubby is sorting his out at the minute and cutting bits off etc with one of those photo packages.

I have tried to get onto this site before in the past but always seemed to get stuck , so I will on Wednesday sort out the bride & groom and one of son, and hubby and myself and email them to momtogiuliana , so keep your fingers crossed that my photo's are OK as hubby's aren't that good given the fact that he was 'not that good' either !!!

Right coffee now and back to bed , I've been up since 4 .10 am this morning with pain again ( so whats new!!!) and now need to catch up again with sleep . Night , night again all .

If you still want to email me you can or if you are like me and cant find your way into the Dinets photo site :blink:

Bye for now guys and more about the 'ex-wife' and the speeches later on .

Willows.

Went into next village and got the photo's done on my camera, I have a great one of my son , he looks like one of those male models from the cat walks ........................very charming and not quite with it , if you know what I mean.

Son managed to get one of Hubby and myself , but did chop our legs off :huh:

I also manged to get a shot of my pretty wrapped present with all its bows, ribbons and red swinging hearts !!!

And just before the wedding I took mike down to the beach in his wet suit ( after he'd .lost his weight ) and my goodness talk about a 'James bond 'shot ..............he was rather chuffed with it to :P and he hates having his photo taken .

So all of these and a nice one of the daughter and her new hubby are going to be loaded into the computer soon , so should be winging there way to the Dinets photo site tomorrow or if you have asked me via email to you !!!

I must tell you about the first night at the hotel talk about a scene from 'Monty python's flying circus ' the room thermostat wouldn't turn down and had been welded into one position 'high' :blink: so I was dripping like in an oven , the bed was so bouncy that every time hubby turned over my whole body bounced and I left the bed, at one point nearly fell on the floor from his moving . Then at 5 am the man above us started to tap dance with the bedroom furniture for over an hour !!!! he moved chairs, beds units ...........if it could be moved , he moved it , we lay watching the ceiling in between me bouncing about the bed frantically hanging on to the quilt so I didn't 'plop' on the floor :) by this time I was just about ready to scream, hubby was so tired he couldnt get out of bed and son was 'in a world of his own' having plugged in his earphones to stem the above noise.

Ohhhhhh! hubby's ex wife turned up in this strange hat thing ??? sort of a comb with a load of white shaped feathers on at all angles ???? anyhow her hairdresser had sprayed her hair so much that when this hat thingy fell out , they couldnt stick it back in again :blink: and it took some pulling and pushing in the end to insert it back into her hair ..........but not quite straight , so she looked half cut all the rest of the day :lol::lol::lol: her outfit ended up as a dress in bright orange and green with vivid flowers and a pale green jacket , nice but VERY low cut at the front .

Now .......... IF ..........you have good strong well 'uplifted boobs' then its OK but when you get to our age and they start to head south for the winter !!!!! and look like the 'air has been let out of them' it wasn't a not a nice thing to see :huh:

Hubby's ex did a speech instead of hubby talking about 'her' daughter this and 'her' daughter that which I found very annoying as she is not just HER daughter , hubby and his ex made her together , I did notice a number of people looking our way when this happened and nod at me as if the say ' she's the daughter of both of you '

Anyhow it was a somewhat stressful day as we had to sit on a table with new husbands grandparents and an auntie and uncle , who I must admit we did get on really well with once they realised we were quite normal ;) you see turning up with hubby strapped to his arm doesn't help , and then I had to sit on two cushions from the seats in reception because of the pain in my coccyx , then when hubby pulls off his arm/ stick to reveal .............no hand :blink: some people edge away.............but woman here , well I just started talking like I do to you and they soon started to natter back and we all had a good laugh by the time the meal had ended.

Well I'm off again to do a bit of sorting out and hubby wants to get on here ( mother as this computer is know as ) and do these photos for you all.

I still have the blue suit to wear .................so you never know I may pursued hubby to take me out one day somewhere nice , cant think for the life of me where , but you never know

Willows.

I have been sending photo emails off left, right and center here guys, so if you asked you should now have received .................that is IF your email box is big enough !!! :huh:

I did send 13 photo's at first to you all , but they bounced back, a bit like me on the bed :blink: So I've had to cut them down a it so you could receive ( hopefully ) them this time , ah!!!!! may be hubby should have cut me down a bit to keep me in the bed instead of bouncing around like some tennis ball all night .

Check your mail boxes !!!!!! :blink: am I there ????? or am I not ????? :huh:

If I'm not , come back to me and I'll send them in two's, three's and ............ :) I dont want to sit here all night cos my arms , legs and old bod is past its sell by date at this time ................my neck is killing me typing at this time, I'm off to lay down and look at the bedroom ceiling for a while now :blink: Willows.

WEDDING PHOTO'S NOW AVAILABLE TO VIEW ON THIS LINK; click on it below.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/bandit1_2006/

My hubby's nick name is BANDIT , so you will know you are in the right place...................

The photo's are of our daughter & new husband, my son Mike in his suit ( 2 of these ) myself ( sideways) Husband and I head and shoulders , The wedding cake , the present I took so long in doing !!

The bride , groom and smallest bridesmaid.

Son with his mate in there wetsuits mid diet and the 2nd bridesmaid our granddaughter ( on her own)

We hope that you like them , it took some doing getting them sorted so quickly for you all to see.

THEY WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE SITE ON FRIDAY EVENING AT 6 PM .

Please DO NOT click on any of the site words just scroll down as we do not want to loose any of them before Friday .

so be quick if you want to have a look ....................Willows.

Hello everyone and time to close this post and say goodbye to you all. :(

Well we hope you liked what you saw, sorry they were not that good a quality but they were just hubby's and mine , in about 2 weeks time we will have some proper professional ones from the man who was clicking away like mad at everyone.

I've been laid up for two days now, the wedding really took it out of me, I normally have very low blood pressure of about 40/80 or less at times , partly because of the clonidine I take for my sweats , well clever clogs here went high .............and boy have I been ill . I've been stuck flat on my back in bed , not even been able to watch my normal Harry Potter DVDs its been so bad :o , unable to move about without falling about so .............wait for it ..........been calling hubby on my mobile each time I wanted something !!!! :unsure: Now feeling like a vampire has drained every last drop pf blood out of me ( so whats new) B)

I did enjoy the wedding but have now suffered the consequences of trying to be 'normal' trying to stand to long , not having my afternoon rest , taking the pethidine for two days solid and eating foods I know I'm not allowed to !!!!!

Blimey , what we do for our kids to make them feel that we are alright ........then fall to bits again when they cannot see us :) mind you it was worth it just to see her smiling and so very happy .

Jut to remind you at 6 pm today UK the photos should go unless hubby finds some way to lock them . If you missed the link ( it may still be there saying this ) but if you missed it email me for a selection or for a look in two weeks time at the professional ones which we think will be SSSSSOOOOO much better.

Thank you everyone who has logged on to this post for your support , your time and your questions and good will.

I have enjoyed so much writing to you all and now sign off .............until another large interesting or exciting event once again gets my family and I out of the house all dressed to the 9's ..............wishes do come true you know :P .

Willows. ........a little paler , a little slimmer , but still none the wiser. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if you missed the link you can still email me for some photos at ............willowbrooke@fsmail.net and I will be happy to let you see some of the ones hubby took, no problem.

Also if you are wondering what on earth the photo's are on the link now?

The earwigs are one I found in the sealed lid of a jar of jam :) I called him 'tangy nipper ' and wrote a poem about it to send to the producers of the jam ( very funny)

And me as a werewolf ( yes me ) as I write on another site for mum's and dad's as a crazy werewolf who was bitten at 14 ( the illness we all have !) and now am 'reformed' ( only eats fish fingers and drinks double cream :) ) ............this is also funny as I write in old time language and speak to other wolves on the post................well I've got to do something with all my spare time now haven't I ;)

Willows ....................as crazy as ever .

Guys, guys , great squinting and groaning going on here , the professional wedding photos are on the site of the photographer all 100+ of them .

If you want a look at them , then just email me at willowbrookes@fsmail.net and I will send you the site and the username and password................I dont know what I saw doing in one but I swear its got nothing to do with my hubby :) Willows.

If I already have your email address , the site + will be winging its way to you soon .XXXXXX

• 4 weeks later...

Right as loads of you still seem to be logging onto this post in the hope possible to see some pictures ...........I've been onto a place were photo's can be stored and with the help of my footless hubby have manged to get some wedding photo's put on ..........At long last :blink: for you all to see ( if you want to )

They are of; http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/ban.../miscellaneous/

The bride and groom. Bride , Groom and smallest bridesmaid. The bride ( full length shot) Mark ( brides father ) and bride. Our youngest granddaughter ( second bridesmaid )

My husband and I . Myself side shot. and Mike my son doing his male model impersonation ! dont know what order there in so you'll have to sort who's who out yourselves , mind you it should be pretty obvious.

Also in this file are some shots of our garden in the summer time and the pond my husband built and wait for it ..........me as a werewolf !!! dont ask ! :unsure:

Hope these photos' are OK , they are only taken by husband, and myself so not that good .

Willows.......... now turning into a werewolf at night times!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow :) over 6000 of you guys have now looked at this post , gobsmacked here cannot for any reason think why you are all so int weddings ? or is it just the ramblings if a crazed Pots sufferer and her crazy one armed husband and accident prone son ?

Well Halloween is coming fast and thick here and I'm a fundraiser for a children's charity so I'm 'doing things' again :blink:

Willows ??? what ???? watch the posts and see :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys..............right as you may or may not have seen I've been doing a Halloween fundraising event for my charity a children's hospice , so when you go onto the wedding pictures you will see them as well...........more Halloween photos' to come later from a professional photographer who was there.

I have rather made myself ill doing the event , but hey......... :( I do only one vent a year and it was worth the kidney infection and my right eye almost exploding ( hi-blood pressure again :) )

Hope you like the extra add on's............if you log into the 'what's she up to now post you will see how much I raised in the 2 1/2 hours the event ran.

Oh , yes I make all of the things on show , do all my own arts & craft stuff and my son Mike and his best mate helped out as mad monks :):blink:

Willows ................looking like Dracula's trainee :huh::lol: