Can't Sleep, Feel Sick To My Stomach

Hi guys,

It's late and I can't sleep because my stomach aches horribly. I feel hot, but I don't have a temperature or anything. I am really tired, but I just can't sleep. My bp is pretty high for me one minute, it's 126/78, but then goes down.

I wonder if I overdid it again today. I went walking even though Monday left me feeling pretty bad afterwards. I felt dizzy, etc. today while walking but I thought it would pass or it was just my body getting used to walking for that length of time, but once again I am paying for it. I'm trying to do something good for myself by getting some exercise, because the thought of putting on more weight is depressing...It just seems like something so simple like walking for a half hour shouldn't be something that is soo hard for me to do. Then, I feel horrible afterwards. :lol:

...I forgot that I went out to the store with my sister earlier, where I was on my feet for a while. Even so why is it that we get soo sick afterwards??? Then the fact that I forgot I went out to the store......I don't know, I guess I am going to try to get some sleep..

Sorry, I don't mean to put a damper on anyones night, etc. it just stinks that simple things such as walking aren't even simple anymore......

Sorry you had such a bad night. I am not sure what causes your stomach to ache, but this happens frequently to me. If I get the nausea too bad, I do take Zofran. I can tell you that over extending will bring on my symptoms and it is sad that over 10 mins of standing or walking in over doing it!!! Very frustrating :angry:

I have the hot sensation a lot as well, dift from my hot flashes-drives my family crazy as I am constantly opening and closing windows, turning on fans etc, then will feel cold at other times.

Hang in there and enjoy the good days. I had company two days in a row, which was fantastic, now between being up more and the start of another med I am dragggggggggging today, but hopefully a better day tomorrow. I agee the simple things in life are greatly missed- The good thing is you did get out some.

Jacquie,

When I have had too much heat or sun exposure, then I have difficulty sleeping that night and have nausea and feel hot even though I do not have a fever. Were you in the sun while you were exercising? Sometimes it will take 2 or 3 days of staying inside and out of the sun and/or heat to get over this. Another symptom that goes along with it for me is a burning sensation of my skin, even in places that were under layers of clothing, and looks normal, not a bit sun burned or even directly exposed to the sun.

Jacquie,

I can tell from your posts the past few days that you have just been miserable. Reassuring you that you are not alone and I feel you frustration. It is hard on days that we have energy not to overdo. Try to limit that walk to 1/2 of what you feel capapble of and eventually you will feel capable of more, but try to stick to 1/2 of that. Easier said than done, I know. The past 4 days I have been so tired and unable to sit up without yawning. Am sure my husband will get tired of me, as this is such a departure from the way I was before all this started 3 years ago. It just stinks and I hope you get to feeling better soon. Be nice to yourself, get your exercise but in moderation. It takes quiet awhile for us to build up endurance, seems it goes away much faster than it comes back!

Lori

Guest sonotech

I agree with Bee about the gastroparesis. Might want to check that out. Also, I have GERD (acid reflux) and stangely I have NEVER had the typical "heartburn" sensations, but have always had nausea.

When I saw my GI doc for the first time, he did an endoscopy since my main complaint was constant and sometimes severe nausea, he found that I had SEVERE GERD and esophogeal errosion from it. He said THAT was causing the nausea.

Thats just ME, so maybe you need to find out what YOUR cause is.