Anyone Work With A Natureopath Doctor?

Tammy

Hello! I've recently began working also with a natureopath doctor and was wondering if anyone has ever seen one too and how their experience went. So far, as I've only seen her twice, she done a saliva test for adrenal function - which the tests showed I'm high on DHEA, low on insulin, and my cortisol levels are too high at some times of the day and too low at others? So she wants me to try an Adrenogen support vitamins, regular vitimin B complex, some sort of berry tonic, and rescue remedy. She also did a micro-current therapy on my adrenal glands this past saturday which maybe? helped a little. I'm just hoping that these things won't interact with my regular medications....

Again, if anyone has worked with a natureopath doctor or has knowledge with these things or has tried any of the supplements, I'd love to hear about them.

God bless,

Tammy

I have worked with a naturopathic physician a couple of dift. times in my life. I found them to be helpful for me with co-management, not leaving my traditional physician, and more open minded. Actually, my reg. MD advised it. "someone to look outside the box" I haven't gone for recent treatment for POTS,NCS, but am considering.

I always look for good referrals from pts. who have gone to these physicians and check the training. Some therapy is a little too alternative for me, but like to have options. I have seen one who was a former MD that worked at my former employer, so I knew him well and he later went into more holistic health care.

I have also tried some accupuncture and chirop. therapy.

Good luck to you.

Personally, I did not have a good experience with a naturopath. I believe that there can be a role for them in modern patient care. I am not convinced there is much they can do for POTS patients however, particularly if they do not understand POTS! The naturopath I saw gave me some of the same tests and recommended many of the same items your has. I used some of them--some I did not use after talking to my MD--none of it helped my symptoms. I did spend a lot of $. I would just suggest caution.

Katherine

I have worked with a natural path for about 10 years off and on. She was trained in western as well as eastern medicine, so she has been a good person to help point me in the right direction. Her evaluations of my blood pressure helped lead me to a POTS dianosis.

I do take an adrenal stress multi-vitamin that has helped ease the adrenal surges I get at night. She has also helped a lot with my digestive issues in the past. I don't think she has a cure, but some things do help. I am careful not to try to many supplements at one time, because I am so sensitive to drugs and vitamins. I am also working with a NAEFT provider that helps with my sensitivities to drugs. This has helped as well.

I am not cured, but it can help to manage some symptoms.

Rhonda