Ssdi

AJVDK

Hello All,

Have you heard of this before? I have been waiting 150 plus day for SSDI. I have gone to there doctor appointment, and still waiting. I called today to the SSDI office. They say the have made a dission, but mine was selected for quality, and was sent to there office in Kansas City to be reviewed. So now I have a wait another 30 days to the answer.

I call the Senators office here in Des Moines, how I been working with. The guy told me at first it a good thing as all applications that get denied the 1st when approved the 2nd time the go there. I said ok but what does it mean if it the first time you have applied. He told me he never heard of that. So now I don?t know what to think, and am worried.

I just want to know it that wrong? I need an answer ether way. If I am denied I want to reapply this time with a lawyer. I am just getting sicker do it is so hard to just wait. Plus it hard just waiting for an answer.

Please say a prayer or send good thought! I really need this, plus with my mother being sick, it would be one less thing to worry about.

Sorry for going on and on, I just am looking for an answer I am not going to get to the letter comes in the mail on day!

Talk to you later!

Amy

I hope the news is good for you as I am familiar with ongoing cash limited nightmares.

They don't make ANY of this process easy. I have been told in some disability issues group to believe NOTHING until you get the notice in the mail or yes or denied. It's a very frustrating place to be.

I also, 16 years ago, spoke at length with a disability attorney on the phone when I applied. He told me which shrink to see and doctors notes to send and I sent in WAY MORE than they needed to know about my limitations. There was not the internet back then only a couple of good books on CFS (CHronic Fatigue syndrome) It too me 5 months IIRC (If I Recall correctly) to get my note in the mail..it was in early December for me.

I had the attorney picked out and back up plan if I had been denied the first time. I was told by him to try and get it on my own first so I got all the back pay. He didn't want to get the 25 % unless I NEEDED representation.

A good ATTORNEY is key as well.

Sending good thoughts and generic prayers with this post that things come out in your favor, the first time, and SOON. :)

Hi there,

I applied Oct. 2005 and a decision was made in April 2006, but I also had to wait for quality review. I got denied so I now have a lawyer working with me.

Jacquie

I am so worried I am going to get the deinal, but part of me wants to beleive there doctor I saw. He said we would be siding with me, that there was no way I could work, but how knows....... I just don't want to start over. My husband is working 2 jobs now to cover the bills and I feel of bad for him! It would be nice to be able to see him some. I talked to him on the phone today, and he said he feel good on the fact the didn't get the deinal already, and even if we do, he said he would keep working this hard to help me out. I know I am very lucky, but I still feel very bad about it!

Thanks again for all you support!

Amy

Amy

Sorry to hear about your hard times. I swear that SSDI is hard to get no matter what. I live in NW Iowa and I was denied twice then had to go to court to argue it out there. My grandpa had a friend who was friends with Tom Harkin and he helped a little by sending a letter to the court judge when we got that far. It is so hard to get help from those lovely political people sometimes. I hope all goes well.

Shelby

Thats who's been helping me from the start is Tom Harkins office. I am hoping that was a good move. I am worried that having them involed from the brgain maybe a bad thing if I don't get approved!

Thanks again,

Amy