Midodrine Dose Be Too Low?

I mentioned in my other post today about how I felt like I was going to pass out. This was about 2 hours after I took Midodrine. I am only on the 2.5 mg dose right now. Could it be that this dose is too low for me?? I thought you weren't supposed to feel faint while on this med....?

It's not necessarily true that you wont feel faint while in midodrine. For some people, it's just not the medication for them. It's possible that your dose might have been too low, but that is something to try to work out with your doctor.

Nina

I'm sure that the majority of us still experience some symptoms on our meds. Midodrine didn't help me almost at all, and although the ProAmatine helps me a ton, I still get plenty of symptoms. I'm on a 10mg dose, but now as well as when I was on the midodrine, I don't hesitate adjust the timing. I was on 5 mg of midodrine, so if I got into real trouble, I took a double dose (Vandy said it was OK for me), and now I'll take a pill every 3 hours if I need to to stay upright. I was never on a dose lower than 5 mg, so I'd check with your doctor to see IF your dose needs adjusting.

I am on 5 mg 3x per day. We tried to back it off to 2.5 due to a rash caused by the flushing. This did not work well for me. I am back to the 5mg 3x per day. I can feel it wearing off, so I am careful to carry some in my purse. If I am busy and wait to long, I get very weak. I usually have down time after my kids go to bed, so if the midodrine wears off a little earlier in the evening, I am OK with laying down and checking out for a while.

Good luck.

Rhonda

Hi guys,

One doc wants me to take the 2.5mg 3 times a day and my other doc wants me to take 10mg 3 times a day. I see the cardio Monday, so I'll figure it out.

Jacquie