Fainting Question

I'm just wondering for all you fainters out there if you have signs/clues before you faint. The other day I did, but a while back when I first passed out it just happened (maybe I wasn't really looking for any signs?!). Anyhow, today I was driving alone on the highway and thought I was going to pass out. Most likely because I was nervous, but the way I have been feeling who knows.

I did have to pee and as silly as this sounds, if I hold my urine for a while I start to feel symptomatic. I'm just curious what others have to say about this!

Jacquie

jacquie -

some have warnings & some do not. and yes, there is an element of becoming more aware. in my "early days" i had no warning or couldn't tell. i also felt totally well between faints.

these days i never feel okay but am better able to tell if/when i'm going to faint. not all the time but pretty darn close. sometimes the "warning" is VERY short though so doesn't give me much time to get down. and sometimes i feel like i'm going to pass out but know that i can usually push sitting a bit (several minutes)whereas if standing i have to get down instantaneously. if i layed down every time i was dizzy however i would never even get to a doctor's appt so it's a balancing act.

also, i know that you are limited with transportation options as your mom can't drive, but you really CANNOT keep driving if you're having such problems in the car. it is not safe for you or for anyone else on the road. i'm not trying to be harsh but it's just reality. i would hate for something to happen to you or someone else around you.

hang in there,

:D melissa

I do have symptoms before fainting, which include nausea,being very lightheaded,sweating and always feeling need to use bathroom,urgently- urinate or loose bowels almost every time. I have presyncope episodes more often than actual fainting, but they are horrible and I can feel lousy for several hours. My heart will often start to race after the other symptoms appear. I will also have symptoms if I need to use bathroom,can't wait for any length of time and it is far more frequent trips than I ever had. I am never comfortable going far from home because of this. I have only driven three times in past year because of these symptoms. :D

Hi,

I am actually going to talk to my neurologist about this tomorrow and I have an apptmt with my cardio June 5th, so I am going to see what he says. I had the a/c on in the car and it was almost too powerful for me, if that makes any sense.

Jacquie

Guest tearose

I get white spots in my eyes. I even get these when I get up during the night to use the bathroom.

As soon as I see those fluffy spots I go down to the floor on my hands and knees or sit on the floor until I get more stable.

I think I too learned how to adapt so I now rarely faint.

I can't believe I did this...when I was having bladder issues I INSISTED on having one of those new "stand-up-MRI's" because they couldn't find why I was having bladder issues. So I did the test and naturally, after about 12 minutes I was out cold on the floor!!! :):D

What was I thinkin'???

silly me, tearose

PS....the CT scan I had after was more diagnostically helpful and I was able to do that lying down!!! :)

live and learn!

Guest dionna

BE CAREFUL DRIVING! i have to drive sometimes myself if i can't get someone else to drive but it is only if i am out of food or it is an emergency. in the beginning i felt only a few symptoms and sometimes i was perfectly normal just walking and talking to someone or something like that and BAM i was out! now i still faint sometimes without much warning but usually i am in so much pain that i would rather go ahead and faint to take it away. ususlly my signs are nausea, sudden fatigue, having to go to the bathroom, chest pains, twitching, lightheadness, dizziness, migraines, and pretty much any other pain or anytime i get hurt doing something. i have my worst symptoms after i eat. i know i shouldn't eat large meals but i love food and i figure that if it is just every once in a while it ain't that bad. i hope that all of you that have no warning signs can learn how to manage or cope in some way. good luck.

dionna B)