No Relief In Sight

Hi guys,

To add to all my other symptoms, the SOB found its way back to me. It feels like there is an elastic band around my lungs or maybe some glue or something in there....I felt pretty crummy since I woke up, but while my mother was out I vaccummed 2 rooms to help out and that pretty much put me over the edge I think.

It's pointless to see my PCP because they most likely won't know what to do to help me...sigh... :)

This is one of the symptoms that scares me the most at times, like you just can't get your breath. For me it will often be associated with abdominal bloating, for no real reason. Sometimes I have had something to eat and drink and sometimes, just happens. Sometimes I wake up feeling like this.

It is interesting that when this happens during the day, I will also test myself and do crazy things like try to get up and putter around house or vaccum to just see if I will be ok and distract myself. That's if I am able to walk at all that day.The vaccum deal is a riot, if I am able to do it -it is holding on to walls and sitting on couches, etc.

I hope you feel better.

I understand the PCP thing- everytime I go in they state -"oh your lungs sound great,oxygen level is fine"- just can't get them to understand. It usually passes within a few minutes, until the next time. Seems to come and go. Still living on my first floor for a year because of the stress it seems to cause on my body doing the stairs on any regular basis.

I am suffering so bad at the moment. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. My bp is reasonable 90/51 and my heart rate is good (75-80) so I can't figure it out. I also get it with bloating and can go up a whole size in clothes when it happens. This for me is the worst symptom of POTS. The pain just wears me out even more than normal.

Unlike you I get this and it lasts for a long time. Have had 3 weeks of it now. keep saying tomorrow will be better... feel like orphan annie. "the sun will come out tomorrow".

I find lying down can help sometimes. Best of luck. Will be thinking about you and nice to know I am not alone in my misery!

i also get bad chest heaviness like weight is sitting on chest or someone is pressing against my chest when i am trying to breath, and it is very exhausting, and bp is not bad, so dont know, but i can definately relate! hope you get some relief in some form soon,

radha

Hi,

I know how you feel also. I feel the same as everyone else here posted. Tight band around the chest, elephant sitting on it. I try to work through it somehow otherwise the more I think about it the more anxious I get, I start to get lightheaded then etc.

This humid weather is surely not helping either. :ph34r:

Guest dionna

i know how you feel. my doctors don't believe me so i haven't goten any help either. just hang in there and i hope it gets better for you.

dionna :D