My Stepfather Is Scheduled For Surgery On Friday

MightyMouse

Hello everyone,

My stepfather, Pat, is scheduled for surgery this Friday am--they will take a look at his liver. If the melanoma tumors haven't spread to more than half of his liver, they'll take half. If it has invaded more than half, they'll close him and try an experimental chemotherapy for the type of melanoma of the eye that he has. Either scenario has it's problems--but we're all hoping for the best.

If you could keep him in your good thoughts, I would be grateful. He has me, my two sisters, and his own five children with his current wife, so there are many of us rallying for him... and the more the better.

Nina

Guest tearose

Okay Nina, meditations and prayers and positive thoughts are with you, your family with Pat and all on his surgical and medical team.

Please try to rest tomorrow so you are strong for Friday.

With you in spirit...

take care, tearose

Hi Nina,

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers....:)

I just found out that he's the second case of the day, and will go in around 12 noon Eastern time. They expect the case to last about 3 hours...

Nina

Guest tearose

Wishing you a peaceful night Nina.

Will be steaming healing prayers and meditations to Pat and his physicians.

Please take the time tonight to pack what you may need tomorrow and then get to bed early.

Lovingly, tearose

Thanks everyone--I'll let you know when I get an update on how he's doing. I'm heading out to work now, but his wife will keep me up to speed. Depending on how he's feeling, I may go visit tomorrow--even though I wanted to be there today :) because Teri started a new job :) and was away working--I'm going airport taxi duty around 5 today. If there's a crisis up at the hospital, we can get up there in about 90 minutes to 2 hours from the airport. Just in case, I'm filling up the gas tank this am.

I really appreciate the good wishes, and I know that they are a big help for my family's spirit.

Nina

Hi everybody--it's 8pm here on the East coast and I've been a ball of nerves all day--and now I've been crying, but mostly happy tears of relief. Here's what my stepfather's wife just sent me:

"Good news! Pat's surgery is finished and everything turned out the best it could be under the circumstances. There was no other cancer in his liver and no cancer anywhere else in his abdomen. He is in the recovery room and we will be able to see him around seven o'clock. I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am.

Thanks for all the prayers, positive thoughts and good vibes that obviously came Pat's way. I'll keep in touch, but I don't know when."

Thank you so very much for keeping me and my family in your thoughts. He has a long recovery because the liver is a very vascular organ and it takes a lot of work to cut it in half the way they did. They expect him to be in recovery until tomorrow, then in a room for at least a week to 10 days.

Nina

Guest tearose

Good News! :)

I am relieved to hear.

I'll keep the prayers and meditations going until he's on his feet again.

Thanks for sharing the news.

Now have a restful weekend!

good wishes, tearose

That's probably the best you could have asked for, Nina. I hope you are feeling less stressed at this point and are taking good care of yourself, too. Please wish Pat rest, relaxation and a quick recovery for me.

Amy