Strange Feeling In Heart

jenwic

I have been under a lot of stress lately since my dad was diagnosed with lymphoma and I have been trying to get a diagnosis for myself. When I have a stressful or scary thought I get a wierd feeling in my heart. It is not skipping or adding a beat. It feels like a shot of adrenaline or electric or something shoots straight into my heart. If I get enough of these feelings too close together then I get tachy. Has anyone else experienced this?

I think I know what you are talking about. A little hard to explain though. I've had two occasions that I can think of where I was stressed/shocked and got this weird feeling then severe palpitations/shaking. I felt like I could have just passed right out. Honestly, I just think it was adrenaline rushes/surging.

Maybe someone else will have more insight.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

I would say adrenaline also. When I get phone calls while I am at work(no one calls me at that number unless it is an emergency) my heart feels like it sinks or even like you said and jolt goes through it. I know what pac and pvc's feel like and this does not feel the same. When I feel a lot of that my stomach drops and I will get a run of tachy.

It's easy for me to say to try to relax or do something relaxing while you are going through this stress.

Keep up the fluids and maybe try to say that these are just feelings, nothing is wrong, this will pass.

I hope it does for you. :wub:

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. That is awful. I lost my dad when I was 26, and I still think about him daily, because we were pretty tight and my mom and I don't get along the best. I hope he has a treatable form and can pursue therapies.

As for the shocking feeling in the heart, I've had that and just about every other weird heart pain/discomfort/etc. I think it truly is some sort of hormonal thing that causes it due to stress, but I'm no doctor. Hope it passes soon.

Amy