Guest sonotech

Hi Holly,

My name is Laura. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear your story, since it is such a familiar frustration that all of us here have felt. Wow, only 19 yrs old and having to go through all of this I know must be difficult.

I am sure that your friends (being so young) are going to have a hard time understanding why you can't do what THEY can do because I am sure you "look" healthy and normal just like most of US do.

You will surely have a difficult road ahead and lots of emotions too.

Check out the links to different sites available on this website since there is alot of good info for you. Also, you can look through the old posts and see what others have been through so that you know that you aren't crazy or alone.

Just remember, there are such a wide range of severities of this illness, so don't be alarmed by things you read. Everyones situation is VERY different.

I know that work is probably difficult for you so napping is a great way to make it through the day. You might want to talk with your employers about your condition and give them printed info so that they may be able to help you.

We are here for you!

Laura

Guest tearose

G'day Holly and welcome! :unsure:

Thank you for sharing your story. You are strong to have come so far and you are right...you will find support a place to share the hard times and the joys...here.

take care, tearose

HI HOlly,

You have been through a lot, but I know what a good feeling it is to finally find some answers. You will find so much information, support and friendship here. Have you started to try any of the basic non-medicinal treatments for POTS...such as plenty of water, salt, mild exercise, stockings, etc? I hope you find some relief soon. IN the mean time feel free to ask any questions you have. Welcome! :unsure:

Gena

Hello Holly-

I am also new to this forum, but am so thankful to have found it. I have finally found a place where not only can I find information, but people who are supportive and willing to share their experience and knowledge.

My daughter is 20 and also has CFS, she was diagnosed in 9th grade and it has been very difficult for her. We apparently have similar immune systems. :unsure:

She found it very hard to explain this illness to her peers, teachers and now professors. She has made many adjustments in her life and gets rather down about it at times,as she is not able to do everything her friends can do. However, some of her adjustments have paid off to be great rewards for her. She did graduate in the top third of her class with extra credits, she did compete in sports and she went away to school one year. She is now living at home, going to school part time at night -when she feels better and has found a part time job that she loves and has been able to function a lot better.

She actually gave a speech on CFS in her public speaking class and was overwhelmed by the interest of her classmates. Her professor later told her his wife had it and he really knew what my daughter was experiencing. A small world!!

I have been living with CFIDS for 20 years and was doing really well for 15 years, until just recently when I developed NCS and ?POTS, balance disorder after an apparent vestibular problem. I will consider this another challenge and bump in the road and with support from others I know I will get through this.

I am just learning about the POTS myself and find it very interesting that there is such a connection to so many with CFIDS. Welcome.

Hi Holly, :unsure:

Welcome aboard. I first got sick with POTS on my 19th birthday, talk about getting old. It's almost been 3 years since I have been sick. This board is a really great place. There are lots of tips offered and everyone here understands what you are going through. Glad you found us!

Jacquie

Hi Holly,

Welcome....I hope you get the support your looking for. I know I have! My life is so much better knowing I'm not alone in this crazy feeling body :unsure: .

Amber

hi holly and welcome around.

you will find lots of friendly people here, who understand your struggling. there is so much information, maybe you can print some to read and inform your collegues and/or people around you, to help them understand you.

it's so great to have people from all over the world to help you deal with this crazy pots!

corina :D

Hi Holly..Welcome to the forum. This place is very supportive and helpful for many..especially when you are newly diagnosed. I know it helped me through some rtough times when I didn't know what the heck was wrong with me.

At any rate..glad you found the forum and sorry to hear about your POTS :D

But glad you have some supprt now..

Take care..Belinda