Please Keep My Son (2yrs) In Your Thoughts

DSM3KIDZ

I'm so sad for my son. It's one thing to be sick but to see one of your kids suffer takes my sadness to a whole new level.

My son has had high fevers for 16 days. He was dx with Kawasaki diease (www.kdfoundation.org) He was hospitalized for 7 days and treated with 2 rounds of IVIG.

Well he's home and still not eating (12days) except for about 5 teddy grahams. He can't even walk. He looks like an old man with arthritis. He is so very skinny and his eyes are all sunken in. He cries everytime I pick him up because I think he has joint pain.

If you pray please add him to your prayers or add him to your thoughts.

On a good note he had two echo's which came back clear but on a sad note they found a heart defect :) . He'll need surgery at 8yrs. But finding this out early might have saved his life.

Thanks for listening

Dayna

Hi Dayna,

I hope your son starts to feel better soon...Way to young to be sick. :)

I have a one and a half year old daughter who is also going through some health issues (possible early signs of dysautonomia) I know how hard it is to watch your child go through something like that. I will pary for your son. My friend's child was recently diagnosed with a heart defect and will have to have surgery later on in life too. Is it an atrial sept defect or a hole? They can now do some of the surgeries through catherization rather than an incision. My best to you and your family.

Dayna,

I am so sorry your family is having to go through this- there is nothing more traumatic than having a sick child. Take care of yourself during this time and know you have a lot of people here and elsewhere thinking and pulling for you and your family. Sending lots of gentle hugs to your little one. PLease keep us updated on how your little guy is doing. It sounds like he is already ahead of the game with a conscientious mom on his side. Hang in there- and many good, positive thoughts...

Carmen

Guest tearose

Prayers and good thoughts out to you and your family.

I pray he is one that has a speedy and complete recovery.

Take care you don't burn yourself out in the process!!

best regards, tearose

My goodness, how painful it is to watch our little ones in such pain and not be able to do anything. My heart goes out to you and your little boy, may the doctors be given the knowledge to help your child. Strength for both of you, that hope and faith will percervere and in time healing.

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you everyone for your comforting words. We leave for the doctor in an hour for a follow-up. I am excited because he ate 1/2 a yogurt and walked alittle today. He still can't bend down, get up and he isn't very stable but it's a start in the right direction.

I'll keep you all updated

Dayna

dayna -

your little guy (and you & the rest of your family) are DEFINITELY in my thoughts & prayers. i can't imagine how tough it must be. glad to hear that - however slowly - things seem to be improving a wee bit. also glad to hear that you're headed for a follow-up at the doctor. fyi, a friend/former co-worker of mine had kawasaki's really severely when little and is now the picture of health. i'll be hoping/praying the same is true for your little guy.

hang in there & take care of yourself as much as possible,

:blink: melissa

Well we went for his follow-up appointment today and he was doing good this morning and horrible this afternoon, which I guess was good so the doctor could actually see what he is going through.

We go back to Children's tomorrow for another evaluation and possible IV steriod treatment. His WBC were really high.

Sunfish - thanks for the reassurance.

Thanks to everyone else also. Well my little man is EXTREMELY cranky so I'll update you when we get back from Children's.

Dayna

Dayna,

I have tears right now just for the thought of having to watch your child go through this. I have a 2-year-old daughter and can't take even watching her have a fever or typical virus. I will keep your son in my thoughts and hope you are getting good care. Is he going to UW or Children's Hosp. of WI? (I'm near Madison)

Amy