Tachy And Nausea

jenwic

Not every night, but about 50% of the time I will wake up in the middle of the night as if in a startle and my pulse is flying and I feel nauseated. It takes me around half an hour or more to get settled down to go back to sleep.

Sometimes I get the same symptoms in the morning, but it's usually in the middle of the night.

Hi,

I also deal with the same thing, sometimes I wait untill I know I can fall asleep (and stay asleep) untill morning. I sometimes have the same feelings in the morning, but they don't last as long. Not very fun is it?

Amber

I also have this, very frequently. I will wake from a sound sleep feeling an adrenalin rush and heart racing, sometimes pulse at 125. Will lay quietly take meds, atenolol and add klonopin until it calms down some. Usually feel much worse those days. Very scary feeling actually.

I went through a period of time where that would happen every night. It would ususally happen between the hours of eleven and two. I actually tried to stay up every night until two to avoid the episodes because they really scare me. I also shake when they happen but don't know if that is just from anxiety.

Sending positive thoughts your way

Hi,

I get this often. I take an inderal and lay in bed and do breathing exercises.

I usually fall back asleep within the hour. I have a wastebasket by the bed

incase I start vomiting.

I know it is miserable. Another symptom of POTS :)

Dawn

Hi,

I had the exact same symptoms and still do at times. My cardio has me taking my bb near bedtime and it has controlled the symptoms pretty well....He also said that my bp may be getting too low @ night...that's just for my scenario though, I'm not sure if the same thing could be causing you to have probs. Hope you get a good night's sleep though. :)