Midodrine

Hi guys, my neuro gave me 2.5 mg to start off with for the midodrine then I can work my way up if it is needed. He said the most common side effect is tingling...what exactly is that? Is it like the numbness I have anyhow?! lol.

Also, any advice for me about the midodrine...what efffects, good and bad have others had. Thanks for your help! :unsure:

Hello!

I've been on Midodrine now for 3 and 1/2 years (10 mg three times daily). It's been great for me...I couldn't stand upright without it.

I do experience tingling - this is mostly on my scalp and this actually has gone away for the most part (over time). I actually also get goosebumps on my face for a little bit after a take a dose and then that goes away. I used to get goosebumps all over but that has subsided as well.

I hope Midodrine works well for you.

Take care,

Lisa

Hi,

I had a bad reaction to it unfortunately as I was excited about its promises! I suffered severve migraine headaches. I lwalked around with my head in my hands crying. I also had a lot of tremors. I seem to be very senstive to most meds.

The best of luck with it and I hope it works for you. Keep us posted.

For me it was like having nits or something- I couldn't stop scratching my head. I felt like a monkey or something, and was really anxious about people thinking i was stir crazy!

I had to stop midodrine after a short while because it did weird things to my pulse.

But it did work in the short term- I went from being bed ridden to getting up and walking about.

I'll nevre forgt the first day I was able to get up and walk about the ward in the hospital. The sister gae me a cuddle to say well done :D

I started Midodrine about 1 month ago. It has helped to give me more strenght durring the day. I have developed Rosacia ( a facial skin rash) in the last week. I met with my MD this afternoon, and he is decreasing the dose to see if it helps. I read that Rosacia is made worse with flushing. The midodrine makes me flush all day. I hope the lower dose helps, because I do feel better.

Rhonda

When I stopped taking the Midodrine, I started feeling better right away, I now longer had the goose bumps, and I always felt like I need to itch my skin. I could handle this as I was getting my skin to bleed from itching. I am not sure if I would have cut back on the dose if it would had helped or not. I was lucky the doctor wanted to try somthing new!

I hope the lower does helps you! :D

Amy

Hi,

I too take midodrine.I take 5mg three times a day.I don't find the tingling too bad I just find it a bit weird.I get this sensation at the back of my scalp and neck and get goosebumps on my arms as well.I have found this drug to be of help.I haven't felt quite as bad since I've been taking it.I can stand up and walk about for longer periods.I hope you also find it to be of help.

I had a bad reaction to it myself....the way I described it to my doctor is that it felt that I had drank 10 POTS of coffee and felt so jittery I had to keep myself busy so I wouldn't go crazy. I was trying to knit, and I couldn't even get one row complete. I just had a whole new set of symptoms when I took it. It made me feel worse instead of better.

I hope it works for you though....I tend to be sensitive to meds,

Amber

If you are having problems with midodrine, you may have to adjust the dose. My doctor started me on a very low dose and then increased it.

I get noticeable goosebumps, but that just reminds me that I did in fact take it that morning. I don't take it every single day. I only take it first thing in the morning, because mornings are my worst time.

I don't think I've ever gotten a migraine when I've had midodrine on board.