Family news...GRRR!

I have been struggling with NCS for 2 years now. Both of my parents have pace makers and so do I. This weekend my son was with us and he said he was going to spend most of the summer with my Dad. I told him that was good since I know my Dad and Stepmom enjoy him so much. He said "Yeah, and I know I can be a big help to Charm (my Stepmom) since Pa Pa passes out all the time." :)

HUH?? My Dad - as much as I love him - has been REALLY harassing me about why I don't work. And has even told me not to move closer to my family because "The state government can't afford any people like YOU."

How DARE he! Maybe he has been in denial - but if the rest of the family has known about this WHY didn't anyone tell me?

Yes, he is retired. But he will barely speak to me when I call and he has an attitude with me like I am just trying to mooch off the government since I am trying to get SSDI. GRRRR

OK, I'll quit my rant now!

gayla, how sad and frustrating for you. i have a dad who thinks nobody's problems could ever be as bad as his. it is so annoying. but i guess at least he doesn't harrass me about being sick, although he has said if i just don't think about it, it would just go away. parents,, aren't they great sometimes :lol: morgan

Gayla, that sure must have been pretty startling. I no longer talk to EITHER of my parents about my health because it gets me too upset and takes too much energy. Funny thing is that they have noticed I wont give them any information and I think it makes them uncomfortable. GOOD! Not sure if that strategy will work for you, but it might?

nina

Well how about a mother who suffers definite autonomic problems who had mono, strep, EBV, etc. all at the same time which lead to a dx of chronic fatigue 14 years ago but who was treated as "anxiety" and kept telling me last year that I was having a nervous breakdown....yuck is all I can say. Family members are in as much denial as the doctors sometimes I think because they ingest the garbage the docs feed them. (Geez I have attitude today...sorry!)