A Horrible Accident

My boyfriend's grandmother was killed on friday afternoon in a hit and run accident with a semi-truck. The guy in the truck never even stopped. It's just an awful and unexpected thing to have happen to someone who is other wise in good health for their age, i'm so sad for him and his family. I wasn't sure of his grandma's first name and so I asked my boyfriend. I guess he was in shock and I was upset myself because somehow I ended up putting his OTHER grandma's first name on the flowers I sent with the correct last name. I called the funeral home and he said that the flowers are all checked in by the last name and so it went to the right person. I told my own grandma about it and she said that the name was probably written on an envelope which would have been removed. So I'm hoping that nobody ends up seeing the envelope with the (alive) grandma's first name incorrectly written on it. To make matters worse, I was sick all day yesterday, all lastnight and this morning. I had to call off work and was pretty much told i'm going to be fired. (See post in other forum). I just don't know how I'm going to get myself to the funeral home today for the showing as sick as I feel. My boyfriend was upset at first but seemed ok... I think he was in shock. But I think things are more real for him now, because he's been with his family all day yesterday and today and through our short communication I can tell that he's really upset. He told me that he really wants me to be there and so I will. I don't care if I have to take a barf back in the car and make frequent bathroom stops along the way. Sometimes you just do what you have to do.

that's so abrupt for the family to adjust to the loss that way... and regardless of the name on the card, it's the thought, really, that matters.

my sincerest thoughts-Nina

So sorry to hear your news. Sending prayers your way. Keep your chin up.

I agree about the flowers. easy enough mistake with emotions so high.