Stinky!!

OK- I'm the first to admit, with the hyper sweatiness, I've always needed a pretty strong deodorant. But all of a sudden, in the past couple of weeks, I'm noticing an odor that won't seem to go away- just armpits, haven't noticed anywhere else. So I thought it might be the salt, but doubt that it would just be starting now, unless the extra heat is making a mockery of my diet- though nothing about it has changed recently.

Maybe there's some detox in order? But I canNOT find a deodorant that works at ALL right now!

Anybody have the same problem, especially taking the same or similar medicines?

No, I don't embarrass easily. ;):lol: (Should I add in a plea for "Help, the boyfriend is visiting from Scotland on Tuesday?!!!")

Thanks!!!

lucky charm I don't know how old you are but I am in late 40's. For the last 4 years or so my androgens get out of balance (not testosterone but other male hormones) and I smell HORRIBLE B.O.

still there after washing armpits. It is EMBARRASSING. I almost knock myself out after perspiring. If I take Spironolactone (which I hate to due as it is a mild diuretic) it helps. So in MY case, my endocrinologist has narrowed it down to these hormones...aldosterone maybe? Just slightly high and then normal the next time.

But in perimenopause this can happy. My mother has commented when it is bad that I STINK and need a shower. SHEESH. I tried explaining, it's HORMONAL NOT hygiene!

Also I sometimes get VERY OILY SCALP with this where after my hair is washed, it still feels gunky and the spirono helps that as well. This is just my individual case.

You may want to get your hormones check or see an endocrinologist if you haven't yet.

With the stress of O.I. the high adrenaline can throw many hormones off kilter. It is most embarrassing. :lol:

Well my hormones definitely get out of whack when I stand up, but they're pretty much normal otherwise, and I shower at night and then wake up smelly. I'm 22. Is spironolactone a supplement, an OTC thing, or a prescription drug?

Thanks!

Spironolactone is a prescription and really needs to be given to you by a savvy hormonal doc (endocrinologist) Might be worth looking into though...but need to see if it is correct for YOUR SITUATION. Could be other underlying causes as well. I am NOT PROMOTING the use of this drug...just sharing my experience.

Good luck.

Some people are helped with a variety of personal odor issues by taking chlorophyll tablets or liquid internally. Nature's Way makes a mint flavored liquid.

Chlorophyll is just the green pigment found in plants, so it shouldn't cause any problems with dysautonomia or anything else. The Natural Medicines Database lists no adverse reactions, no contraindications, and *likely safe when used orally*. HOWEVER, you know how reactive you all can be, so it's always best to start slowly with a low dose to be sure.

i don't know anything about them personally but do know that prescription deoderants/anti-persperants exist. i think a dermatologist or endocrinologist would be the docs to know the most about options...

:lol: melissa

My teenage daughter has a sweat problem and her doctor prescribed something you have to get with a prescription. You put in on at night and then wash it off in the morning and then put regular antipersperant on. I don't think she is using it right though. You know how teens are. She doesn't smell as much just sweats. She won't even wear light colored t-shirts.

Hi, Lucycharm42.

Just read this while having a search for other helpful advice on the site.

I used to sweat 24/7 from head to toe, even my long ( boob length ) hair would be saturated .

I see from reading other posts that most people with this condition DONT sweat, well I pour like a boxer , if a dog barks ....I rain, if I see or smell food /drink ....I rain, laying down is like laying in a 1 inch paddling pool all the time, so sleeping is a nightmare and the bed has to be changed every single morning.

If I get angry, upset, hungry , in fact anything that not 'quiet, slow or very normal........and off I go 'raining ' ( as we call it) so you can imagine sweat, dripping off my chin into food , running between my boobs, down my back , hands so wet I cant hold a thing, especially glassware as it slips out of my hands, its a nightmare and I constantly shower..........but sweat after this to .

I use loads of talc and deodorents and now take clonidine tablets ( 3 x twice a day ) and HRT as I'm going through the change as well ( insult to injury )

I cant wear perfume as I'm allergic to it ( scratch my skin to bits ) so its a case of when I brake thorough the drug which I do every so often , i just keep apologising for any 'drips' and and sweat smells to people around me , I trying to hold my head up and get on with life.

Hard I know but most people when they here what is wrong ............spend time passing tissues and say that they couldnt put up with it.

Its do or die for me, I'm not going to lay down and do nothing because of the 'constant rain' ..........summers even worse now, so roll on winter...........except .......then my Raynaud's is worse.

Cant win can you................... Best wishes Willows.

Hi there,

I believe that a lot of us actually have problems with hyperhydrosis, and not only an inability to sweat.. some also have difficulty sweating in some places, and not in others.

My 'problem' doesn't seem to be from sweating- I sweat all over, and it seems to be only at the armpits, and even more the right side than the left. I've tried several different deodorants, including certaindri, and still have the problem. Grr. Oh well!

Very interesting...I've been having problems finding a good deoderent! It doesn't matter what I do, I can wash and put deoderent on and at first it's fine, no B.O. It doesn't take long to become stinky though.

It's not really bad, but it's enough that I notice.

Does anyone else have dry skin in the underarm area? I thought maybe my B.O. was partly caused by these dry patches of skin. I had a doctor give me a sample cream for it, plus a perscription pill. (she thought it was a yeast problem).It didn't work, but it was interesting for it to be called a yeast infection.

I was just wondering if anyone had this going on too?

Amber

I also have this problem. I have been using Certain Dri at night for several weeks now and it works great. It is OTC and I found it at Walmart. I actually had tried a prescription strength anti-perspirant and it was too strong. This one seems milder but it still works. You apply it at night and it shrinks your pores or glands. You cannot shave and then use it though. I usually shave each morning and then use it at night and it hasn't irritated my underarms. This product has helped me tremendously!! I love it!!! :) This is the first time I have been able to wear a tank top. I feel more confident than I ever have.

Kim

My daughter was prescribed "HYPERCARE" from Stratus Pharmaceuticals by her dermatologist and it works wonders. Like some of the others you use it at night. She can actually wake up in the morning without underarm body odor. She started using it nightly and now she only needs to apply it once a week.