What a week

Just wondering if this is normal. Just when I thought I was adapting, this week I crashed. Wednesday I spent the whole day in bed I was so fatigued. Didn't really sleep the whole time but felt like I couldn't move. My husband even had to help me bathe. Ugh! I hate this. I bawled and bawled. It is just so hard for me to admit that I can't do everything. But I am feeling better now. My friends said in the past few weeks they could tell in my eyes I was going down. Does everyone with POTS do this? I have no idea what trigered it. Did my body just have enough and it was time to rest?

I seem to go through waves...times that are somewhat better, and times that are worse. When I'm in one of the bad phases, I don't leave the house, basically live between my couch and bed, and need help with all daily living tasks. On my good days, I can work, drive, etc. On a bad day, I can't do anything, including making meals and bathing.

Nina

The ANS instability of dysautonomia is capricious and often unpredictable. Some days I can do all the right things and still wind up feeling like crap. On some bad days, the Adderall helps get me going; on others, it just makes me nervous and fearful.

my hubby seems to be able to see a bad spell coming on me. he says i just look funny, and sure enuf, bam. i have absolutely no idea what triggers them, or keeps them at bay. if i did, i stay far away from the triggers tho! :o morgan

Triggers can be anything, even subtle things that bother no one else; someone mentioned changing barometric pressure a while ago. The ANS of dysautonomics is like a gun with a hair trigger, or nitroglycerin; it doesn't take much to set it off.

I have ups and downs, but to a lesser degree than you. I seem to have plateaued over the last couple of years.

I have also had people say they could tell I wasn't feeling good by looking at my eyes. Weird.

Take care,

Michelle

People can tell that I dont feel well by looking into my eyes, too. They say that they are barely open and very glassy. I get this look like I am completely out of it. The people at the ER always ask if I am on drugs because they think that I took to much and am about to OD or something. It is very frustrating.

I find that about every 2-3 weeks I simply run out of gas. It seems to happen when I finally have a day off or nothing to do. It's like my body says OK, you've finally slowed down, so I'm going to shut you off completely. This is usually when I get a migraine or tell my husband and family,..."that's it, I'm going to bed, see you in about 5 hours." I usually take a day or so and then perk up. Until I was diagnosed with POTS, I thought everyone did this just because we all seem to lead such busy lives.