Can't Sleep

Hello All,

Well here it is 4:05 am and I still can not sleep. I do not know whats going on, but I am worn out, and my heart is racing of and on and I can't sleep. I have tried just about everything. It bad too, because I have to go to the doctor in the am to start the Procrit, and then I have another doctor appointment at 2:00 pm. So I have to be up and going, and I now if I crash I am not getting back up. This comes and goes from time to time. I have ambien but its not wanting to work.

Does anyone else have this happen, you can take a sleep aid and still not fall asleep? If you do have you found anything to help!

Thanks for all you imput,

Amy

Oh my, there are few things worse than needing to sleep and not being able to sleep- I'm so sorry! Regarding Ambien, it doesn't do squat for me. However, Klonopin does so you might just need something stronger. Usually, when I stress about not getting to sleep it becomes impossible for me to sleep. Sometimes, reverse psycology can help. Tell yourself you can stay up the whole night, you have nothing going on so you can stay up and watch tv all night. It's like telling your kids they can "stay up as long as you want". Consistently, they sack out by 11:00pm if you tell them this- it's funny. Not trying to make light of it but seriously, if you convince yourself that you don't have to go to sleep you probably will fall asleep rather easily. Good luck at your appointments today!

Carmen

hi amy,

i've been having sleeping problems for years and years now (can't even remember when it started :) ). finally i managed not to worry about it anymore because there is NOTHING that helps. and more important: fighting it makes it more difficult to fall asleep.

i hope you can get there too, because since i don't worry about sleeping/not sleeping anymore, my life is easier. my sleeping problems stay but i accepted it as part of my pots life!

when i wake up tomorrow morning and you are still awake i will send you the sandman. hope that helps :blink:

corina ;)

I've been there, and it really *****. I don't think I've had a 100% sleepless night since starting the trazodone, though it's definitely not perfect (I wake up at 4 like clockwork, and am usually able to fall back asleep eventually.) Other than that, I've taken benedryl sometimes, and valerian. And an extra beta blocker when the heart's racing.

Don't really have much else to suggest, but I hope tonight's better for you!! :)

I don't stay in bed more than an hour if I can't fall asleep. I get up and do things until I feel sleepy again, like watch TV, putter on the computer, etc.

I must have just missed you online last night--I didn't fall asleep until just after 4am.

Nina

Hi Amy,

i feel for you because I know excactly what you are going through. I have many sleepless nights. I have tried getting up early and forcing myself to stay awake all day in hopes that I will sleep @ night and It still doesn't work! The only thing that sometimes helps is Elavil and Neurontin combo but that is not a guarantee. I have tried a warm bath(Because 'hot' makes me pass out) and Aleve. Other than that I am sleepless in Chicago 50% of the time.

Sorry I could'nt be more help,

Cindy

I find a small dose of Klonopin usually helps me. Or I drink a powdered yummy flavored magnesium drink that mixes into a warm tea. I like to drink this after dinner to help relax.

I still have periods where I can't sleep and my heart is racing or I feel like I'm passing out even when I'm lying down!! I empathize with you. I think most of us on the board can be divided into those who have a a lot of insomnia and those with chronic fatigue that sleep a lot! :)

Hope you get some ZZZZs soon!

Hugs

Gena

Well here I go again. I can't sleep again. :) I ended up getting 3 hours sleep last night. I fell asleep finally at alittle after 5:00 am. I am hoping I can fall alseep before that tonight. I am so tired and yet I can not sleep. What I would do for some good sleep. I am going to try to take a warm bath and see if that helps. I have a really bad headache too so I just took some painmeds, so hopfully that will help too.

Sorry to keep going on....

Amy

Amy, unfortunately, it seems that you and I are on the same bad sleep schedule. Also, I've got a migraine that's been giving me head and belly pain since yesterday, around this same time.

I send you wishes for peaceful zzzzz's... nina