What does everyone think of Reglan?

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

Hello everyone,

I went to my PCP today, and she prescribed Reglan for my slow bowel motility.

What to you all think of this? Anyone ever try this who has POTS?

Julie :0)

I have taken reglan along with axid for my morning sickness and occasional heartburn/acid reflux. Many foods make my stomache upset or I get IBS, so I find this is also helpful for digestion. For some reason it makes me a little slow and sleepy. I asked the pharmacist about this and he said that should not make you tired. I just figure it's a POTs thing and the way my body interacts with that particular medication. I usually take it before I go to bed and just let the medication do its thing. I find it very mild yet helpful. Good luck with it.

I've only had Reglan in the ER- but it was NOT a good experience. It is now one of the two drugs that I list under my allergies to medications. It had a strange effect and made me go "psychotic." From all the other posts and from my experience, I would say BE CAREFUL!

Guest Julia59

Oh gosh---now i'm thinking that may have been the drug they gave me in the ER on that bad night back in Feb---2001. You are right-----I felt horrible---like maybe I was on a bad acid trip or something.

My ANS problems likely got worse as I aged---and it may have someting to do with my cervical spine stenosis/chiari---which makes sense it would get worse with age. As I get worse---so does the drug sensitivities.

I don't know what else i'll do----my bowel motility is really bad. Imagine feeling like you have swallowed a bowling ball---and it won't come out. Then add period bloat on top of that------TALK ABOUT CRABBY-------THE CRABBIEST!

My joints are also hyper mobile, as I have found out recently as everything---hips---shoulders-----ankles------spine----all of it is loose, and my shoulder and hips keep pulling in and out of the sockets. Dr. Grubb is not concerned and does not think EDS---because I don't fit the weight criteria. TOO FAT I GUESS AT A SIZE 12. I really don't qualify a size 12 as fat---but apparently Dr. Grubb does. It's just biggger then I'm used to. I was always very thin until POTS. The DRUGS caused the weight gain. I have to say I feel better with a little weight on---as I always seem to get worse if I lose too much weight. Still would like to lose about 20 lbs----but taking it slow.

Anyway---i'm getting off the subject. I definately fear the reglan. My PCP prescribed it---maybe i'll check with GRubb.

Julie :0)