Still Recovering From Adenosine Incident

Hi All,

I hope this finds you all as well as u can be. Interesting turn of events. I went for an adenosine stress test as some of you may know, and I had an allergic reaction. Well my tongue turned BLACK!!! I went to docs, was short of breath. It turns out that the adenosine is excreted from your body through your lungs. They scanned my lungs and they were "charred" just like my tongue was.

It was touch and go for a while but with my persistance I didnt get intubated ( I actually told my doc if he shoved that tube down my throat against my will I would shove it up his ***) . Im back home and weaning off of oxygen.

I got a lot of fluids so I feel pretty good except for the breathing which should go away. Im judging by my tongue, its a light brown now.

The apple trees are all in bloom as are the dogwoods and all my spring flowers. I am enjoying them right now. Bored silly.

Have a Great Day All

Janine

HOLY CRUD!!! JANINE!!

I'm so sorry that you had to go thru all of this! I'm seriously hope that you are turning around the bend to start feeling better from that adenosine test!! my lord. that sounds dreadfull!!

HUGE HUGS to you my dear!!

linda

Janine, OMG...I hope you are feeling waaay better tomorrow. That's aweful.

Jacquie

Yikes! Janine, that is so scary. I'm glad that you are doing better, but it's frightening to think we could have lost you simply from a test. :) We are all so sensitive!!

Hang in there, let the mountain heal you, and stay the heck away from hospitals for awhile!

:wub:

You have a wonderful attitude and sense of humor. I believe that is what keeps us all going day after day. Prayers to you.

Oy! I hope that you recover quickly. You've been through a heck of a lot!!! At least you have pretty greenery to look at while you're recouperating.

Nina :)

Thank Guys, Ive Missed You ALL!!

The Good news is that between the nuclear scan of my entire cardiac system, the echo, and that horrid adenosine stress test my heart and all the vessells are perfect. i have no sign of plaque or CAD. Only a slight mitral valve regurge which is very common.

Have a great day all

Janine

janine!!!!!!

you've been through a really rough time. i do hope that you will recover soon and get back to your base. so that you can enjoy some more in life than watching your garden (although i love to watch the trees when they are in bloom!!!)

best wishes,

corina :)

Guest Julia59

Janine,

WOW---so glad to hear your tests ruled out CAD. On the other hand, sorry you had such a rough go of it with the adenosine stress test---------------wooo---weee----------that sure was a mess, wasn't it-----????!!

Keep hanging in there-------enjoy all the spring blooming tree's---I swear it's helps to look at something beautiful in all this mess were in. I better get out there today........

Julie :0)