Help For Some With Orthostatic Intolerance

Jackie,

Interesting about the dyflucan. I know I had a major yeast over growth and I to had problems at first. Doc, said hang in there, it is the yeast being killed and after my second dose felt much better. Best wishes,

Brenda R.

Radha, I was unable to take hydrocortisone as it caused serious heartburn. But I have again been told how patients have been helped. The doctor had started me on 15 mg in the AM and 5 mg at 1 PM for a total of 20 mg/day supplementation.

It could be lower though because he suggested I try lower because of the heartburn. Even at a lower dose, the medication is definitely no good for me.

Hi. Maybe I missed this in the thread. With the way my brain is sifting through fog tonight, it wouldn't surprise me. If I did miss it, I apologize. If not, I wondered: Does a doctor have to do a specific cortisol test, or is cortisol included in one of the tests, such as TSH or some other hormone category? I have high prolactin, so I have my hormone levels checked at least yearly. I don't see specifically cortisol on any of my past test results. Would it be hiding in one of the categories? If so, where?

Thanks.

Linda

My sister is absolutely convinced my whole problem is a whole body yeast infection. I've had one that I know of in my entire life. Isn't that weird. She really wants me to go see a naturepath, but she is very wealthy to begin with and has insurance. I am NOT very wealthy and have no insurance for alternative types of meds. I'm not totally adverse to it, but in the few experiences I've had with it, it is just too cost prohibitive and I've gotten really sick from whatever it is they gave me. Diflucan makes me sick too. Nystatin is not a drug I've ever heard of actually swallowing. It's usually a swish and spit. For thrush in the mouth. Interesting. I think there are lots of alternatives out there to investigate, some good, some bad, but i must admit I lean to the traditional end of medicine just because I've been in it so long. But my sister swears by her alternatives. So I guess you do whatever helps the most. Even then, sometimes nothing helps, so there you are. morgan

Yes, Nystatin is perfectly safe to swallow. It comes in a powder, which I used to take. I got it from a compounding pharmacy in NY... Willmer's Chemists? I think??? was a very long time ago.

Nina

Just thought I'd mention that Nystatin can be very hard on the liver, and to use with caution. There are safer natural alternatives for getting rid of yeast/candida. However, some people like to start out with the pharmaceutical drugs then switch to herbal to keep it under control. I understand we all have different needs and experiences. Morgan, there are some very good, reputable products in the healthfood store for getting rid of yeast (and they're not terribly expensive). I would follow the regimen that a naturopath / nutritionist prescribes for you, which would most likely include cleansing, detoxing and eliminating sugars.

Hope you find the cure for what ails ya! :)

Gena

Just a note on the natural methods--I used an anti-yeast diet (no sugars/starches) and a number of supplements. The problem was that the supplements ripped up my guts and gave me terrible heartburn. I was on nystatin for well over a year and had no problems. Didn't taste all that good, but it worked well.

nina