Sad News About About Neil

Poohbear

Wanted to let you know that Neil, who was a member of NDRF, passed away a few months ago from complications of dysautonomia. We are just now learning of this and are deeply saddened.

Many of you who have been "around" for a while and who also visit NDRF will remember Neal.

This is from NDRF's site:

"I'm sorry to tell all of you this. When I saw Bill's post I tried to call Neil; wasn't able to reach him. I had a very bad gut feeling about it. Based on that gut feeling I did a search with the local newspaper and found that Neal passed away on Jan. 24, 2006

I had talked with Neal by phone off and on the past couple of years. He was of great help to me and was struggling so much himself. He will be missed by many of us.

Here is the cut & paste of his obit.

NEIL FRASER Neil Fraser, a 74-year old retired advertising executive, died at Northside Hospital on January 24 due to complications of dysautonomia. The youngest son of Scottish immigrant parents, he was a native of Belize, in the crown colony of British Honduras, now the nation of Belize, where he spent the first sixteen years of his life. He came to the U.S. in 1947 to attend Georgia Military Academy (now Woodward Academy). He completed his college education at Georgia Tech and Georgia State University. He began his advertising career in 1958 as an account executive with George & Glover Advertising. In 1963 he founded Fraser Advertising, Inc., an advertising agency which he directed for 33 years until closing it and retiring in 1996. He was pre-deceased by his wife of 41 years, Barbara Biggs Fraser, who died in 2002. He is survived by his sons, Bruce Fraser of Evergreen, Colorado, Stephen Fraser of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, grandson Adam Fraser of Evergreen, Colorado, and granddaughter Lula Fraser of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and sister Mrs. Joyce Bickers of Atlanta. Mr. Fraser was widely known for his expertise in the area of co-operative advertising, or co-op. He spoke at industry events and authored many articles for trade publications on the subject. He was also active in civic affairs and served as president of the Northside Exchange Club. He maintained lifelong interests in aviation, photography, and the arts. He was a published poet, and a member and former contest chairman of the Georgia Poetry Society. He also wrote about his childhood in Belize and catalogued an extensive collection of historic photos of Belize for several web sites. An enthusiastic artist, he enjoyed sketching friends and relatives. He was very proud of his Scottish ancestry, for which he was often called "Scotty" by friends, relatives, and schoolmates. Until disabled by his illness, he delighted in wearing his Fraser Clan kilt to the annual Stone Mountain Highland Games. His family requests that friends join them to remember Neil Fraser on Saturday, January 28, 2006, at his house any time between 1 and 5pm. Questions may be directed to Stephen.Fraser@gmail.com. Arrangements by H.M. Patterson & Son, Arlington Chapel, (404) 851-9900.

Published in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on 1/27/2006. "

Guest Julia59

Poohbear,

Thanks for posting this. I remember Neil well, he was a good soal with a great spirit. I know that in the last year he was told his health was taking a sharp decline.

I am so saddened that he passed away------my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Julie

Neil, I remember you from way, way back on NDRF's forum, and how gracefully you dealt with the loss of your wife--and how hard it was on your body and autonomic problems. I know many people will miss you--I am one of them. Where ever you are now, I hope your body is free of the limitations. :) Nina