Got Prescription For Inderal 60 Mg

Wow, that sounds VERY high. I take a quarter of a 20mg tablet of Inderal just whenever my heart is acting up. If I take the whole tablet, my BP gets too low. You may want to ask your doctor to start you a low dose and titrate up or get a tablet that you can score and take small amounts of.

Hi,

I think they make inderal in a long acting capsule meaning it is slowly release over a 24 hour period. I used to take 20mg three times a day. I now take 10mg 4-5 times a day.

The advantage of a slow release capsule is you shouldn't get any breakthrough tachycardia. If your BP is Ok I wouldn't worry. 60mg isn't really that big a dose, people take up to 180mg a day for hypertension.

Do you get tachycardia during the night? That might be why he gave you the long acting capsule. 60 mg is the lowest dose the long acting capsule comes in.

If it makes you uncomfortable to try it just call your doctor and ask him for 10mg tablets to try first to see how much it slows down your heart.

Good Luck,

Dawn

Hi Heather, your dose depends on what your doctor feels is right for your particular condition. You could be prescribed up to 320mg of inderal, so 60mg of time released capsule may not be considered a particularily high dose. It would be best to talk to your doctor if you feel this is an inappropriate dose for you. Good luck! Laura

It seems like a high dose, but lots of us have taken 10 mg. multiples of inderal, so it's not that much different than a full day of it.

Before being diagnosed, I was on Toprol XL 25 mg, and then my PCP took my BP ONE TIME, and it was high (duh!) and she doubled the dose! Needless to say she's not my PCP anymore!

The non-extended release pills make my HR and BP too erratic, but right now the combination of 10 mg XL betaxolol, and 40 mg of ProAmatine a day are keeping the HR and BP under control.

Lots of us take midodrine to raise our BP because it tends to drop, but mine goes from low to high on standing, and the alpha-agonist actually makes it stay lower.. as in normal. Very strange. :):)

hi-- you can cut the pill in half or something.. if you feel the dose is to high to start with and slowly work your way up to the 60mg..i was on 360mg of inderol at one point last summer.. and wheni went off of inderol. i was on 320mg.. 80mg 4 times a day..so you can work up to a really high dose if need be..

take care.. and dont hestitate to exspress your concerns to your doc!!

I'm glad your first dose helped! Just thought I would add that I used to take 80mg of Inderal. My blood pressure dropped very low while on it, and I had to stop it. That was a few years ago, and Dr. Low put me back on a lower dose now. He says that since I'm older and taking mestinon, the drop should not happen again. I guess it just depends on your personal history.

Take Care,

Shannon

I normally take Inderal 180 mg. I miss it every day of my life. It is wonderful and I never plan to live with out it again. I found that Inderal truly helps make life that much better. The first 10 days on Inderal are "interesting" but give it time it so worth it. As soon as I have had my children I will go back to that dosage in a heartbeat. I started heart medication at 25 and will be on it for the rest of my life. Give it chance. :)

Just an update!

I am loving this stuff. Still having break thru symptoms (showers, warm car, standing over about 15 min, trouble in the am if I am late for the med....I can definately feel it!)

Anyway other than the bizaar dreams so far it is great.... Mostly just lots and lots and lots of dreams... But one night I dreamt I was being chased by my laundry basket around the room..... he.he.

They wanted to start me on a inderal to help keep the heart rate from jumping up when I stand and keep it from climbing too high, so it then would not try and crash down.

It is inderal at 60mg...isnt that high??? It is in a capsul too...so I can't cut it....

thoughts??

Hi-

They tried me on Inderal, 20mg 4 times a day. I just want to say be careful as I had my first bad reaction to a drug with it. Although no one will say for sure that this is what caused it, they blame the Inderal. Almost a month after I began taking it, my platelet count dropped to a dangerously low level. I had to stop taking the medication and it went back up.

I hope you have a better experience than me!

Hi,

I take 80 mg the long acting type. Its not a lot. It keeps my tachy down. Couldnt live without it, also it keeps my bp from spiking to stroke zone which happens during a bad attack. I CAN NOT live with out my inderol!!!! It doesnt bottom out my pressure tho and unlike other betablockers it is non specific so more apt to find and control the glitch that causes the bp swings and tachy.

Good Luck

Janine

I'm so glad that you are feeling some relief with this med!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now dreaming about a laundry basket chasing you.. I couldnt help but laugh at that.. as I remember some of the nutty dreams that i had on that med!

HOORAY!! its helping though that is great!!