Ssdi Decision

So, today I was informed that I was denied by SSDI :) . My claim is currently at Quality Review of course, so I can't even appeal it yet, even though I know it has been denied. I don't even know what to do next....I have been feeling alot worse lately and I have the never ending bills to pay, etc. Unless Quality Review or whatever it's called decides to approve my decision I have to find some type of work that I CAN do...Going back to bed now....stomach is not any better!

Jacquie

So sorry to hear of your claim denial. That must hurt. It's really hard to wait all that time and get a,"No."

I don't know if you have gotten a lawyer involved, but now might be the best time. They often won't take a case until it has been denied once.

I'm sorry you're feeling the financial necessity of working when you are too sick to work.

Is there a public social worker available who can help coordinate the logistics of bills and disability?

Guest Julia59

I'm so sorry to hear your denied. I think SSDI is such a difficult process, and they have such a long wait---on purpose, so we'll give up. I see unethical things happen---and thier appointed SSDI Docs lie to get people denied, I've seen it happen more then once. It happened to me.

If your too sick to work---find an attorney that will work for you. You don't have to pay them up front, they will work on contingency, and collect thier fee from the back pay you will receive. Sofia has listed several links to help---here's the one's I saved;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues/

http://fmscommunity.org/disability.htm

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/administr...-law-judge.html

I hope this helps you. You should not have to work if you are too sick to do so.

If you work---even part time, they will use it against your case. My attorney told me not to try even 12 hours a week. He told me to just hang in there.

You can Thank Sophia---she is the one that posted all these links, I just saved them to my favorites.

I wish you better luck.....

Julie :0)

So sorry to hear about the no! I am very worried thats what I am going to hear. I have the appointment to see SSDI's doctor on May 5th, then after that I am no get my answer. I am not sure what I would do or feel if I get the no! But I have been told that hardly no one gets approved on the frist time. Keep you head up, if you can I would get a lawyer. I am already planning to get on if my claim does not go though. You are in my thoughts.

Amy

HI,

I know how discouraging it is to be denied. I have been denied twice (90%) get denied the 2nd time my lawyer said. I am now waiting for a hearing date with the judge. They said it will take about a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know about the ffinancial concerns, I have been lucky because my job pays me for 2 years 90% of my salary. I will not be getting paid after May. Luckily they continue to pay my health insurance til February. My file for SS went to the judge for appeal in October, in March when my lawyer checked no one had even looked at it yer.

Hang in there.

Dawn

Hi,

I NEED to work. I live with my mother who is on SSI and she can't afford to have me stay here. I also have to have a special diet due to my stomach problems and obv my POTS. I found a PT job that is basically a desk job, but it prob is going to hurt my claim. I have no choice right now. I have borrowed money from everyone and there is simpley no one left who can help me. I'm sure one way or another SSDI will use this against my claim. Oh well. story of my life.

Jacquie

i am so very sorry that you got denied.. that really bites...whatever they are doing with the review--- after they are done with that you have the RIGHT to appeal there decision. and I would appeal it and fight it.. you can call a legal aide ofice and see if they would be willing to take your case pro-bono---

they wait might be lengthy for an apeal hearing... Most people DO get denied after there initial application.. I was denied at first... i had to wait alittle over 2 years for an appeal hearing... but i had the hearing with the judge.. and heard back in less then 2 weeks that i was apporved..

I know that things are unbelievably hard right now i feel for you.. I've been there..

hang in there... and fight this. you are rightfully entitled to recieve benefuts...