Anyone Taking Zebeta?

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Zebeta (beta blocker), my doctor just perscribed it in a 5mg/day dose. I took Toprol 50mg/day a few years ago, and it lowered my BP, which made me very lightheaded, made my rainodes worse, and i was exhausted all the time, so I am a little nervous about the beta blocker thing.

I just started Florinef .1 mg/day about a week ago, and feel good on it, except my tachy has been acting up. I tried reading up on Zebeta to see if it targets adrenaline related issues instead of high blood pressure, but all any of the info talked about was treating high BP...which I definitely don't have.

I think I have hyperadrenic POTS, and told my cardio this, and he said he wanted to start treatment instead of testing me for more stuff, so I think he perscribed this based on the hyperadrenic assumption, but I kind of want to have the test done. I dunno....I always get freaked out taking new drugs...the nervousness alone that I'm going to react to it or swell up and keel over always make my symptoms worse :) i am quite neurotic at times

Ay input would be appreciated...thanks!

Hi, I've been on Zebeta for I guess about six months. I had been on Toprol XL for a few years prior to that but my pressure was just too low even with Florinef so my cardio switched me to Zebeta. I don't recall any major difference re side effects in me. Good luck!

Carmen

Hi,

I was on Zebeta for a while. It is more cardio-selective than most beta-blockers, meaning it should reduce your tachycardia, without affecting other organs. So, it DID help my tachycardia, but that was the least of my problems! I needed something to help with the FLOOD of adrenaline (tremulousness, over-responsiveness, etc).

It really shouldn't cause depression or pulmonary problems as easily as others, but I got both of those problems, and discontinued it.

The only good consistant effect I've had from beta-blockers is that I always feel better when I go OFF of them! ha.