Loosing Time/ Reduced Consciousness?

I have DEFINITELY "lost time" before when my heart rate's up and my BP's down, but I can't say for sure whether that's due to my POTS, because I (previously) had dealt with unrelated PTSD. However, even now that the PTSD has mainly passed, I still have very occasional episodes of "lost time," particularly when I've fainted and just come to.

I should probably ask my cardiologist about this!

When I'm symptomatic, I generally feel disconnected... like I'm not entirely plugged into reality. I find that I don't notice details and have reduced peripheral vision. I have a hard time taking in what is going on around me and have to focus really hard on what people are saying to me.

It's a very odd feeling for me because I am a detail-oriented person and, generally speaking, like to take in everything that's going on around me.

I have noticed it for a while but then when my cardiologist did my tilt table test, they put me up and my hr went up and then a bit later...I thought it was just a miute or two he said "Heather, are you falling asleep?" and I was like No...I just feel out of it and spacey. And then Definately when My hr went over 110, I was out of it, totally. I mean if someone talks to me I answer but it is really hard to focus and well....It is like being way inside your shell of a body....trying to interact via a big robot body. When I was little I would say that I was just in my head only, (like a wizard of oz type thing)...trying to drive a big robot.

Now my body/soul are more connected but sometimes it deos feel like my entire being has retreated to my head.

yep, now that makes sense.... lol

That's really weird- 110 isn't *that* fast. A regular healthy person can run on a treadmill and reach 150 without having impaired consciousness. Your bp must go crashing down.

I know what you mean about being detached. I get completely and utterly irrational. Especially when my bp is down. People talk to me and can't get much sense out of me- I'm even able to say to them "I'm not right, I know I'm not rational"- they can talk to me but I won't take in properly what they're saying.

Weird world of POTS, eh?

• 3 weeks later...

When I was still working (as a computer programmer) I noticed that it took much more concentration on my part to do the problem solving I had to do on my job. It took me three times longer to do the job than before I was ill. I made a lot more mistakes too and had to go back over my work more times than usual.

Nowadays, even though I am not working, I can look perfectly normal and be acting normally, but I notice in conversation that it is much more difficult for me to think or do simple calculations. It has something to do with how long I've been "vertical".

I'll just say to the person I'm interacting with, "My brain isn't working right now." And I mean it.

I'm convinced it has to do with lack of blood flow to the brain but I can't prove it. That's what it feels like to me.

I do computer stuff too and I find I have two choices.

1) try and keep up with others, but cant and thus make even more mistakes and have to spend three times longer fixing them or

2) just take 3 times longer to begin with, work gossip be ******.

I have a chair with a foot rest and I, right now anyway, can not imagine working with out it...I wonder if I could honestly...but still I am so darn foggy and some days I simply can not think, at all!! I am ok for about 30 min to an hour in the am and it is then downhill from there. If I have to do meetings or anything with my feet down it goes from foggy/headache/etc to foggy/headache/pain/distress... So I schedule lots of online demo's where I can just talk on autopilot. lol well untill the room starts to spin anyway...