Hi everyone,

I have POTS and NCS and have been diagnosed about 2 years ago. I have been living with this disorder all my life but I became totally non functionnal 3 years ago.

Three weeks ago my brother died of the "side effects" of high BP - stroke. He had POTS and NCS also and my family decided to give his tissues for research on dysautonomia. This way we hope to help others and ourselves find a cure for these "unknown" disorders.

I have just finished my Bachelor of Psychology yesterday and I have my convocation on June 9th.

I have plenty of life readjustments to do in the next few weeks, ie what to do now with all my time. I have been in school for the past 15 years so studying was part of my life. I just feel like someone who is retiring and does not know where she is going or what will be my future.

I cannot work full time and the most I can do is 2 x 3 hours per week if I am able to get to work. I have not been working for the last 3 years but I still want to have a useful life.

Thank you

Ernie

Hello Ernie,

I heard of your loss on NDRF--I'm so sorry that you lost your brother. I can only imagine how hard it's been for you and your family.

I do want to say that I'm glad that you've found our little corner of the internet.

This is a very supportive group of people that I'm glad to be a part of. I hope you find many new friends here.

Nina

Guest Julia59

Welcome---Welcome---Welcome---Ernie !

I'm so glad to see you here!

I know you will find a lot of support here on this forum.

I also know you are a great giver of support.

My prayers are with you and your family on the loss of your brother.

What a beautiful thing to do---donating his tissues for researching Dysautonomia.

Julie :0)

Ernie my heart goes out to you. It's so hard to lose a sibling. Welcome to the group, and congratulations on completing your studies. That must have been really hard to do. What an accomplishment! Good luck as you enter this new journey in your life. Deb