How Many Pots Patients Can't Drive?

DSM3KIDZ

The not driving thing is such a hard part of having POTS. One day you have all this freedom and then you get sick with some weird thing like POTS and your life is no longer your own!

My husband is in food sales so he drives all day long- the last thing he wants to do when he gets home is take me out and about. I hate having to ruin someone elses day by asking them to come take me shopping or just riding around!

I'm not sure if I'll ever drive again which is a very hard thing to live with! I haven't driven since last May and I certainly am missing it. Its hard to be dependent on others to just take you to run a quick errand. My husband does all the shopping and carts our kids everywhere. He's been a lifesaver! I would even ride a bike to go somewhere if my body wouldn't give out before I got to my destination!!!

As tempted as we all are to drive, the important thing is to stay safe. Even if my dr.s said it was ok to drive, my husband would never let me until I had gone a very long time without any episodes.

Good Luck and BE SAFE!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I used to never have the dizziness while sitting, but here latley I have been.

Right now at this moment I'm having my first "floating" episode........just sitting in front of computer.

Very wierd and hard to describe. A bit scary too. But I'm still able to type so must be ok.

I would not drive anywhere if I felt like this.......

Everyone is different, I don't drive if I have a bad migrane, or if I take anything to treat one(perscription)

All in all, I don't feel that I'm that restricted at this time. If I have to even question my ability to get behind the wheel and drive safely, then I won't. I'm not going to risk my life, my childrens, or anyone elses.

Amber

I have trouble just being a passenger these days. I used to race semi-pro, and driving was my joy. My driver's license expired last summer. Hoping as things improve I will be back on the road soon. Sold my cars. Not fun, but I'm still trying to grin.

Very interesting article, Michelle. The weird thing is most laws are 6 months and most recurring syncopes are past six months. That's a little scary.

Mine does not come on slowly enough for me to pull over. I can go down and out in seconds. I would be a killer in a car.

I hate the lack of independence, but the results of my syncope would be much harder to live with.

And like Dan, I can barely even be a passenger....morgan