Back From My Appointment With Bev---at Dr. Grubb's Office

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

She ordered a chest x-ray-------When I went for the x-ray---the girl who ran the x-ray was saying "YOU DON'T SMOKE DO YOU? This was after the x-ray-----so I don't know what she saw, but it's scaring the you know what out of me. I still feel like there is a load of bricks in my right lung. Lymphnodes under my arm pits on both sides are swollen.

Every time I have brought this up to docs---they blow it off. I called just now, and talked to a woman---(very nice woman) in radiology to ask her how long it will take for the results. She said if I call Dr. Grubb's office tomorrow-----I can get the results as soon as tomorrow morning. THE C WORD is scaring the you know what out of me. By the time you have symptoms with lung cancer---it's usually too late.

I never had a cough until a few weeks ago-----it started with a scratchy throat and an instant cough---and stayed that way. However, I do cough less now, but for a while I was choking a lot, and it felt like I couldn't get a breath. I don't mean to freak out here----just trying to hang on........

She also ordered an echo of my heart, and a catecholamine blood test. She wanted to try a new beta blocker---and I said I want the catecholamine test first---as I have neve had my levels checked.

I started to get off focus and wondered in my sore upper spine could make my chest hurt also. She gently got me back on track. She is pretty cool---she manages to get to the point without making me feel like an idiot. Anyway-----I will see Dr. Grubb on April 18th to discuss management of POTS symptoms, as my BPs have been really low. That is why I wanted to get my catecholamines tested---because i don't want to start a new and stronger BB unless they are pretty high. My BP has just been so low. Labetalol is the name of the new BB.

I'm just mad right now-----tired of being sick. ;):(B)

Julie :0)

Julie,

I hope everything is okay....let us know how you make out.

Oh dear, i hope that everything is alright. I know what you mean not wanting to start a new medication, especially beta blockers when your blood pressure is low. I do hope they find out what is causing your discomfort and you find relief from your pain.

In my thoughts and prayers!

Nicole

hang in there. I know how scary it must be but please try not to worry to much until you get the results. I remember after my MRI the tech said something strange to me (don't remember her words) but it really put me into a panic thinking something is wrong. I think they should be instructed not to open their mouths to the patients. I ended up being fine.

I hope all is well for you

Dayna

Hi Julie hang in there dear!! let us know how things turn out.. I wanted to comment about them asking you if you smoke.. I "think" that that might be a common question that rad/ techs ask.. they ask me everytime they do a chest x-ray on me if I'm a smoker..(I wheeze alot at time b/c of RLD).. or if I'm exsposed to second hand smoke.

they also ask me if I'm pregnant or if I have metal inside my body too. Sorry..trying to lighten the mood and bee funny!!

hang in thre Ok!! let us know what they say!!

drop me a line if you want to talk Ok!!

love and hugs

linda

Guest Julia59

Thanks for your support----i'm sitting on pins and needles.

The trouble is that they asked me if I smoked AFTER the chest x-ray. I wouldn't have really been worried if it was before---as they do asked those type of questions. She was in there quite a long time---then came out and asked if I smoked........kind of in a weird tone.

My lower right chest still feels heavy---but you never know---it could be my back/spine. The pain spreads a lot. We'll see---I should find out today. All of you dear friends will be the first to know after my husband.

Take care,

Julie,

My pastor, and this illness is trying to teach me to "wait to worry". I have seen so many times, with myself and others in not too dissimilar situations, that the emotional trauma from worrying is almost always worse than what we are worrying about, which doesn't end up happening 95% of the time anyway!

I know it is hard, but can you wait to worry (WTW" we call it)? You are in excellent hands. Let them do all the worrying until you know otherwise. That's why they paid the big bucks, right? Right now, your focus needs to be taking care of yourself, relaxing when possible, and getting through those tests. We will be praying for you, but meanwhile, try to just set those worries aside until and IF you need to focus on them later.

Easy to say, but hard to do. Hang in,

Diana

Guest Julia59

Thank you everyone for being so supportive................ and not making me feel like an idiot :)

It has really been a big help to see such caring people---------- :):D

MY TEST RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE!----OH WHAT A RELIEF---I can exhale now.

I was seriously worried---my cough has been here so long---and that load of brinks feeling in my chest was terrible. I still have the load of bricks feeling, and it is towards the back of my rib cage, so maybe it's my back issues--- :) I'm still coughing ----and feel tight in my chest, but there is a big respiratory infection going around, and mine must be hangin on. It's viral, so no need to mess with antibiotics.

I'll have my echo next Thursday-----easy, easy test. I will go next week for the catecholamine testing.

Hopefully i'll feel a bit better.

I'm still feeling like i'm sitting in a smoky room, eyes watering, burning, sneezing---runny nose. By golly Nina---you might have something with the allergies. I just hope it's not my kitties, or my doggie. I seriously feel like i'm in a smoke filled room---I keep telling my husband I smell smoke too. He doesn't smell it.

The low blood pressure has been knocking the poop out of me.

So for now---I will just wait for my appintment with Dr. Grubb on April 18th----by then he will have my test results..........

Thanks again,

WHEW!! glad that things came back OK!!.. sounds like you might have allergies ontop of a cold Julie!! have you had a problem with allergies in the past ever??

hope that you get to feeling better soon dear!!

BIG HUGS!!

Linda