Sweats and Stuff

This disease is so frustrating. I need to know if anyone else has tremedous sweats accompanied by body heat that radiates. When my sympathetic nervous system is stimulated or when I've stood too long (6 min) my heart goes into tachy and then come the sweats and heat. My husband says he can feel the heat several inches away. What in the world causes this? It is all over and so embarrasing. Let me know about your trials with this situation. Thank you.

Cathy

I carry a tiny mister (spray) bottle in my purse. I don't think twice about pulling it out in the middle of a meeting if need be.

My sense is it has something to do with that hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis ... but I'm trying hard to just let whatever it is just BE. Hoping my body is working its way hrough something, and I just try and make myself comfortable as best I can.

Good luck --

EM

EM, I'm so glad you clarified the spray thing... Through the brain fog I first read that as a "small Mr." I wondered where you found a little man that would fit in your purse. I guess he could fan you. :D But I digress.

Yes, I get the radiating heat thing. My hubby is a preacher and I have been forbidden to stand up at prayer time. Standing for an extended period is bad enough, but when the tachy hits and I have my head bowed and eyes closed I get really bad! They have had to move pews to extricate me from the floor.

Sometimes I get tachy during the night and then the heat hits, it is worse than a hot flash! I sleep with a towel in the bed with me.

Thank you both. I too am a preacher's wife and use an electric wheelchair at church. When I teach a small Sunday School I always break out. They are use to it and know when I need to lie back and put my feet up. So dignifying. So many ladies say, "Well I have hot flashes." That doesn't even come close to these. It is so hard to explain. Again thank you. :)

Cathy

Cathy, I wonder whether you would find that cooling neck wrap useful in cooling you down when things heat up? (See my response to Sue on earlier post for details.) Once activated, it stays cool for a few days (and is reusable); you could take it with you wherever you go and have it on hand if the heat response is triggered.

Best,

merrill