Muscle Pain

Hi,

Does anyone else here have pain where their trap. muscles are located?? It's right in between my neck and shoulders....and it's hurting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jacquie

Oddly enough.. I have pain, between my neck and shoulder blades, don't know if its the same as yours or not.. It hurts..then burns.. Nonstop.. What has helped though, I have noticed is the medication they put me on in the hospital. Niferex, for low iron, magnesium and potassium i believe.. I could be way off on why the pain is better, plus its late and I am wide awake.. :) ..

hope this helps..take care

jan

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's not actually your trapezius, but your levator scapulae, which we in the massage business refer to as "what keeps massage therapists in business," because so many people experience pain here. For me, my POTS muscle pain is located right around the C7 vertebra, where I have a quite prominent protrusion, though I still don't know exactly what it is about POTS that gives us pain there in particular. (Pain in general- absolutely: stress, anxiety, our hearts running marathons every time we stand or sit up.)

If you can get someone to massage it for you, that might help a little. Then apply a heating pad or hot water bottle.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!