Some Excellent News From Dizzygirl!

dizzygirl

Hi folks!! :)

I thought that i would share some good news with you!!..after waiting for allmost ayear!! a handicapped accessable apartment has come available for me!!..WAHOO!!

It will be avalable for me to move into in under 3 weeks.. they have to get in there and clean .. and they are replacing the carpeting..repainteing the walls (i think too) and replacing and fixing anything that meeds a fixing or replaced!!..these apartments are very nice.. it is centrally located right down town.. the hospital is 2 blocls down the street.. and you go one more block down the street on you are on the bay front.. its a beautiful sight looking out of the laundry room window..you can see lake erie.. and the lighthouse tower.. i love it!

the apartment building is wheelchair accessable.. there are elevators..Um Oh yes there are emergency pull cords in each apartment located in the bathroom and the bedroom--(big plus there--!!!) so that if you need hlep that somebody would know and come and check on you.. then call 9-1-1.... um it s a secure building.. (another plus!) consdiering its downtown..though the nicer section of down.. a big university takes up alot of down town...but nobody came get into the building unless you buzz them in.. very cool!!.. there are 9 apartement on each floor.. and a laundry room on each floor... as well as trash shoots. and such..

its going to be great being centrally located.. for on a day or evening when I fell well I can get out.. and ride around on the bayfront and feed the ducks or something..(something I really like to do.. sit on the beach or the dock and feed the ducks.. i find it relaxing!! and watch the sun set! on a cool evening)

I've always wanted to live near the water.. and this is cool b/c I thinkits as close as I am going to get to live on the water!! 3 block aint bad at all!!

So I wanted to share my god news with my potsy family!! as I have ben waiting for this for some time now.. and things happen in there own time frame.. and my time has come !! HOORAY!!!

I'm so very excited.. not only for the apartment being available for me.. but b/c this is a chance for me to gain abit of the indepenedance that i had back.. I've been a very independant person since I was 15.. and I'd grown accustom to getting things done on my own.. and it will be nice to slowly build back some stabilty.. and really gain that independnce and self -esteem back!!

and major kudos here i'll be ale to use my wheelchair and that alone i think will give me some sence of life back..!

So I am really looking forward to this...my mom -grnadma-and boyfriend are also very happy about this.. and they all have been supportive..

:) :)<:)

a very happydizzygirl!! :D:)

Hi CONGRATS!! You deserve the apartment and I'm glad you finally got in. Can your b/f stay with you??? I think it would be good to still have soem company...but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacquie

hi thanks!

no my b/f wont be "living' with me.. but he works and lives close enough that if I'm having a bad time.. he come over...he owns the home that we live in now. and he was raised here and has lived nowhere else.. so I dont thinks it fair of me to aske him to give up the only home he has known to move into an apartment..

we have wracked our brains trying to find a solution so that I dont have to move.. but its impossible to convert the house.. or to add a ramp at either the front or back door.. so this is the next best thing.. and hopefully things will work out and surivive on the b/f end of things.. some friends have offered to come stay with me on the weeknds if i need them.. to help out.. my best friend abby.. is comeing up the weekend i get totally moved in to do the grocery shopping and help me un-pack and get organized.. she lives over an hour away.. god bless her!!.but she said that if need be she will stay the week.. till I'm settled..and then come every other weekend or when her hubby is away to help me out..

my mom has also offered some help..(she lives about as far as my friend abby!) and my b/f his nephews are going to help move the stuff in.. as I'm in no position to be lifting and hauling..carrying stuff.. god I can see a nasty faint trying to do that.. and besides my grandmom told me that i lift anything that she is going to come up from florida and kick my butt.. that I need to let the "men" do the heavy work... and that if she hears that I lifted anything I'm in trouble!! lol :D this coming from the grammie who had a paddle hanging up in her kitchen.. that was a pillow on a stick w/pink ribbon!!! LOL that said gramma's paddle!! hahahahaha.. i just remembered that! LOL.. goofy granny..

Oh yes I'm in the process of also setting up long term care..(aide help) once I move.. and the vision and blind assoication is going to come eval my apartment and see what kind of tweeks that they can make to make things easier for me....and we found a few other organization where i might be able to recieve help from.. so this is good!!

Guest Julia59

Congratulations! So nice to see something good come your way.................you deserve it-- :)

I am so excited for you---Spencer is smiling for you------------ :)

Julie :0)

Hi Dizzy,

i'm so very happy for you!!!!!! you've been waiting for this for quite a while i think. hope you'll find enough strong men to help you move. enjoy this new step in your life and enjoy the beach this summer. wish i could join you!!!! (on the beach i mean :) )

corina :)

Hi,

That's great that you have soem friends to stay with you on some nights. Also, does your b/f live close by? Atleast you are going to feel somewhat more independent living on your own. YOu better have internet connection!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jacquie

thanks gals!! I'm looking forward to this..:)

Jacquie~~lol I will have internet!!! just not right away once I move totally out it might be afew weeks before I get up and running with phone and internet and things!!

:) :) :)

I will definatly enjoy the ducks! especially the baby ones!

and I will most certainly mind the granny!! lol :)