Melissa (sunfish) Is In The Hospital

Guest Julia59

I'm sorry to hear your in the hospital Melissa-----i'm praying for a quick recovery.

Hang in there-------------ALSO SENDING HEALING HUGS................. :)

TAKE CARE,

Julie :0)

Dang! I'm sorry you're in POTS prison. (And it ain't at taxpayer's expense either!!) :)

I hope all goes well and you feel better soon.

May you have a sexy, male RN! (But not if yucky emissions are spontaneously emerging from your body, then I wish you a nice, motherly RN who doesn?t *tsk* *tsk*)

--{--{--@ :)

Hi everyone!

I just spoke to Melissa on the phone and she said it was okay for me to post about why she is in the hospital. She was first put in because she had an allergic reaction to the iron infusion she was given. She is over the allergic reaction, but they have kept her in because she cannot keep food or fluids down. The problem with keeping food/fluids down has been going on for some time, and she would probably have been hospitalized for it even if the allergic reaction hadn't occurred. She is on IV's and is hoping to start feeling better soon, but as of today she hasn't seen any improvement.

I let her know that many of you were wishing her well on the forum, and that I'll be mailing the cards you send her way.

Thanks for all your good thoughts and wishes. She needs our encouragement and good will.

Take care,

Michelle

Michelle,

Thanks so MUCH for the update!

Melissa had given me great info about iron and the panel of tests folks should have. She also mentioned she was getting the infusions.

After you posted about this a few days ago, I had read about the allergic reaction many folks have had, AND the vasovagal response it can create.

How rotten she is in the hospital but I hope she gets over this feeling ill soon, and regains her stregth to return home.

Thoughts and Prayers to you, Melissa!

Sophia

p.s.Wish I could send this view to your hospital room.

71831293_ca802899cd_m.jpg

Does anyone have an update on Melissa?

I sure hope she is doing better!

Lisa

Thank you all SO much for all of your kind words, thoughts, prayers, encouragement, etc....it was so awesome to log on & see.

I'm still in the hospital but managed to get my laptop hooked up this afternoon so that I have at least a bit of a window into the "real world".

I'll post more in a separate thread as I'm guessing it may get lost otherwise....

thanks again. you all are the best,

:blink: melissa