flatulance (gas)

I remember when Tom Snyder had a talk show (not the one in the 70's called the Tomorrow show, but the LATE, LATE show after Letterman in the 90's)

I think he was interviewing the comedian/director David Steinberg and Le Petomane's name came up. Tom could hardly speak, for laughing, as they gently talked about this man's feats!

When they said he ended a show by emtying a bathtub full of water, I couldn't imagine!!! Later, I got a computer and the Internet and that was one of the things I researched.

It's hysterical reading and if you are from a proper family, raised on semi-Victorian values, it's unreal to think somebody MADE A LIVING wit this 'talent'!!??

Glad you guys got a good laugh out of it. Laugh theray IS A MUCH NEEDED thing with this illness, isn't it? :lol:

I have found that eating simple carbohydrates like white bread, rice, pasta and simple sugars, will give me gas. I was on Atkins for a while and felt the best eating protein and fats and COMPLEX carbohydrates. Anything white will give me gas to no end. Amazingly, I can eat tons of beans and feel fine. Anyone else find they have gas problems when eating simple carbs?

Rachelle

I don't notice that from carbs. But I seem to do fine on meat, too. We are probably all so different with our bodies ph, and chemistry. Different things set off different, er, "reactions".

I only know if I try to eat beans today, i feel rotten, get abdominal paints, and must not sit to close to a smoke alarm!!!!

That's ALL I am saying about this!!?? :ph34r::ph34r:

Onions will get me every time, but other than that, I can never pinpoint what sets me off. Maggs, I know you are still reading these, I feel the lurk...

I walk around with a can of lavender linen spray and my hubs will say, as he blasts HIS horn, are you having a bad day honey?

How come this is an oscar caliber achievment for guys, but we are reduced to hiding in the bathroom or going out in the frigid outdoors to release our pent up gaseous fermentations?? I have been trying to figure this one out for years.

My guys make it a production of great importance, like on a level with world peace, while I furtively sneak about the house, trying to get close enough to the dog to blame it on her...It's an unfair world folks...fartymorgan

I agree Morgan!

My husband seems to think a particularly loud one is some kind of accomplishment! My daughter on the other hand can do them at will.

we told her 'it is not nice to toot on demand', to which she replied (at the age of three) ' ok, then I will toot on the lady'. guess whose lap she came to sit on?? lol

Meanwhile I am doin' a penguin walk to the back door.

:ph34r:

p.s. I got some activated charcole tablets....Hoepfully they will work some.. Maybe I can hire my self out as a weapon of mass destruction? lol

Charcoal should help with the odor.

years ago, I got some POWDERED charcoal from a friend who knew a pharmacist that made it up for a colostom pt. It was disgusting to take as a powder! Left tongue, teeth black...had to follow with water as it was a chocke hazard. It was MUCH CHEAPER than the capsules but the gagging got to be too much.

So, anyhoo, let's us know how things go.

Charcoal should help with the odor.

years ago, I got some POWDERED activated charcoal, from a friend who knew a pharmacist. He made it up for a colostomy pt. It was disgusting to take as a powder! Left tongue, teeth black...had to follow with water as it was a chocke hazard. It was MUCH CHEAPER than the capsules but the gagging got to be too much.

So, anyhoo, let's us know how things go.

116863584_922be775d5_m.jpg

P.s. she was a strict Seven Day Adventist and vegan.

Hmichel

What is this photo? one of your kids gasping for ah, fresh air??

Also, maybe YOU could be hired out to be put in a small room to help criminals CONFESS to crimes. :)

Just make sure you eat major trigger foods!!

I have heard forcing kids to listen to classical music has kept them from loitering on different street corners.

Maybe your ability to create an environment -provided there are no windows, and there is a FAN behind you, aimed at the crooks, you have stumbled on to a plan!

You could be your own 'WCC'. Weapon to Cause Confession. Sorry, couldn't resist with your 'weapons 'comment.

Think how much money you could save the local interrogation officers!! :rolleyes: