Intro from Amby

Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet, I kinda jumped right in. I do that alot.lol

My name is Amber and I was diagnosed with POTS in November of last year. It's not set in stone yet because I've had complications with the tests. The doctors that said that's what they thought it was, said that it can sometimes be hard to diagnose. Did that make sense?

Anyway, I'm having insurance problems so not under doctors care at the moment.

They had me on Topral xl but I don't have enough to last me untill Aug.(when I get Insurance)

So I'm not on anything at the moment. I've been on other meds. but they made me feel worse.

I was getting really bad migrane headaches but I think the beta blocker helped because I haven't had them as much. I used to have them about 5 times a week. Now I don't remember the last one I had? YEA!

I have dizzy spells and near fainting most days but am doing great concidering. If I get stressed it makes it worse so I work out to the best of my ability. ( It has taken me months to build up strength) But I do what my body lets me.

I'm really thankful I found this group, and I look forward to building a friendship with others who can relate.

Amber

Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet, I kinda jumped right in. I do that alot.lol

My name is Amber and I was diagnosed with POTS in November of last year. It's not set in stone yet because I've had complications with the tests. The doctors that said that's what they thought it was, said that it can sometimes be hard to diagnose. Did that make sense?

Anyway, I'm having insurance problems so not under doctors care at the moment.

They had me on Topral xl but I don't have enough to last me untill Aug.(when I get Insurance)

So I'm not on anything at the moment. I've been on other meds. but they made me feel worse.

I was getting really bad migrane headaches but I think the beta blocker helped because I haven't had them as much. I used to have them about 5 times a week. Now I don't remember the last one I had? YEA!

I have dizzy spells and near fainting most days but am doing great concidering. If I get stressed it makes it worse so I work out to the best of my ability. ( It has taken me months to build up strength) But I do what my body lets me.

I'm really thankful I found this group, and I look forward to building a friendship with others who can relate.

Amber

Welcome Amber. My computer's going nuts with replys today. The support here has been lifesaving for me too.

Welcome Amby,

Glad to hear the toprol is helping with the headaches and I hate to see you have to stop due to ins. Maybe you could give the dr. a call and get samples or call the drug company and see if you are eligible for some assistance in getting the drug.

Good to hear you are up and about and doing well with dealing with POTS.

:P

Thanks,

the Dr gave me all the samples he had and wants to continue to see me but

I'm running into the problem of pre-exsisting stuff. If I'm not on meds or treated for six

months then they can't consider it pre-exsisting.

Isn't that lovely! I've been ok so far and have been off meds for two months.

I had these problems for two years before I found a doctor who would listen to me.

So I guess I just have to do it again. :P

Talking to everone makes it easier to deal with. Thank you. I don't think I could say it enough.

My husband doesn't give me support(I think it scares him so he pretends it doesn't exsist)

So I really need the support anywhere I can get it.

Amber

Welcome aboard, Amber :P

Lots of ppl w/ POTS have migraines (I think it's assoc. w/ the hyperadrenergic type---anyone help me out here??) BB's work great for migraines (and Toprol XL worked really well for me many years ago, now I take labetalol & a LOT of it) anyhoo,....i agree, see if your doc can get you samples.

and hey, i think it's great you just jumped right in! everyone here has been really great! i'm sure you will find lots of answers and support among the forum members. i know i have, and am so grateful!

continue to take care and keep us posted.

love and light,

lulu :)