It's my turn

Ernie

Hi everyone,

I am so excited. I just got back from the hematologist and I got my prescription for Procrit. I have seen at least 12 doctors before one finally agreed to give it to me. It has teken 3.5 years since I saw Dr Grubb and Dr Goldstein to convince a doctor here that Procrit is one of the treatment for POTS (at least mine). I will get the product this afternoon but I have to go back to the hospital next Thursday for the first shot.

It might me my miracle pill!

I have a question for those of you who are taking it: how often are you controlled and what test do they do to control the dosage and the risk?

Thanks

Ernie,

How great!!! I'm so excited for you!!

I just started Procrit injections 3 weeks ago...I got my 3rd shot on Sunday. I get 1 ml (10,000 units) weekly for the first month and then the dr. will take bloodwork and we will adjust the dosage if needed.

The goal is to keep my hematocrit levels at 50 are below. (this is how they hope to decrease the risk of blood clot)

Hope this helps and good luck!!!!!!!!

Lisa

Ernie

I just wanted to say I am so happy you get to try the PROCRIT. I hope it indeed helps you and that they can dose it for you accordingly (baby doses if needed at first!)

I will look forward for updates from you as you have waited a long time for this.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing my joy.

I am amazed at how excited we get about getting medication, tests and doctors's appointments.

I just received the prescription. I have to wait a week before I get the injection because the doctor wants to supervise me for the first shot. I wil try not to think about it until then.

I checked my hematocrit level and it is 39 so I have a safe zone. Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering how the doctors were making sure that we were not heading for a blood clot.

I will be taking 10,000 units. I got 6 of them and it cost 900$. Good thing the biggest part is covered by my insurance because there is no way I could afford it.

Ernie!! OMG!! I'm SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!! this is fanstastic!! i really hope too that this is your magic pill or shot i should say!!

HOORAY!! FOR ERNIE!!

you go girl!!

HUGE BEAR HUGS FOR YOU~~~!!!

linda :)

Hooray! Ernie! ;):P:D

I hope this is the med you've been waiting for!! Keep us posted; we're all rooting for you! :)

Good luck!

peace and light,

lulu :)